Tools and other software Media-Buddy - the MKV Buddy successor. (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Sorry; I forgot to tell here about the new version. I only did it in German forum....:oops::cry:

Yes, the new version mainly is released as there were many issues with TVDB. Most if not all of them are gone with the new version..
    Aside this there are new features like the "Codec- Whitelist". If you want to use this, Media-Buddy in Wizard mode will transcode any video that has different codecs than listed in the Whitelist (video and audio separated)... The codecs need to be written exactly as they are shown by MediaInfo in field "Format"
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Here is the h264 codec used and you need too write "AVC" if you want to keep this codec. For DixX / Xvid this mostly is named "MPEG-4 Visual" and so on...

The new version is not compatible with the setting files of the older versions. So best is to uninstall and clean/delete the old installation folder to start from scratch.

One thing I noticed though, when MB creates the folder for the series, it uses the word Staffel instead of the english word Season when it creates the series Season folder.

The name of the season folder can be changed in "Configuration" -> "Metadata-Options".
    upload_2020-1-6_19-21-50.png

You can name it whatever you like. The "Space before Season#" checkbox is to add a trailing whitespace that normally is cut automatically from an input field. With this checked the folder is named "Season 01" and without "Season01"...

But this was the case in older versions of Media-Buddy too. An editing of a language file don't change any settings only the terms used in the GUI itself... But I think you've edited the settings file "nfo4MPv3.ini" for the old scrapper module. There the name of the season folder was stored. But as the old scrapper module is no longer used any editing here did not do anything. You even can delete this file... The new module has a different config file. It is no longer in Windows .ini format but in .json. Sadly .json is not that easy to edit manually. But in general this should not be necessary as all useful settings can be done from inside the Media-Buddy GUI

The new option "Generate .nfo for Series- Episodes, wich are not available online?" sounds like nonsense at first glance but it is very useful if you often get new episodes earlier as they are added to TVDB... For mainstream US series this would not happen that often but there are so much non-US series that takes ages until the episodes appear on TVDB... Especially as it lasts 3 or 4 days until an entry done via the website is available in the API (and for this in Media-Buddy). I don't want to wait 4 days before I can import my new episodes into my library just because TVDB needs that long, that's for sure... So I can generate a proper .nfo file and add episode title and description with the metadata correction module later. Those two fields will stay empty while generating the .nfo but most other fields are filled from an earlier, available episode. Now I can import the episode into my library and MP2. Kodi, Emby, Plex,... are able to import the episode nicely.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No need for apology, I have been checking your website regularly because I was pretty sure there might be an update soon :)
    But I think you've edited the settings file "nfo4MPv3.ini"
    Yes, I'm sure that's where I must have edited it. I really couldn't remember and the language file seemed likely.
    Thanks again!

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    If you can it would be greatly appreciated. There are so many formats these days, vtt, ttml, srt. I guess srt is most common.

Thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    To be precise, I don't use any subtitles at all excerpt of a few "forced" ones... So this is something I don't have on my list in daily life. I need to remember this...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Recently fanart.tv has changes something on their service so an updated grabber module is needed.
    Simply replace the attached exe in the Media-Buddy folder and everything should work again.

Attachments

• nfo4htpc_1.21.018.zip
      650.5 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Option to mux .srt file into .mkv container if present in source directory
    I've tried to implement this in a most "transparent" way. Sadly .srt (at least all .srt files I could get my hands on) don't contain language information so this only is possible if you don't use the subtitle optimizer function. With the optimizer function enabled all .srt subtitles are truncated due to the missing language information... I have tried to use idx/sub (aka Vobsub) files too (as they are very common and they contains language information) but they are not supported (used) in ffmpeg as external subtitle files. Vobsub already contained in the input video file are used but not, if they are external. This is a limitation of ffmpeg so nothing I can do about this... You need to mux vobsub manually before or after preparing the videos in Media-Buddy...

I've got .srt support while transcoding working but still need it ported to remuxing. I'm pretty sure it will be ready for Media-Buddy 1.0

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Lehmden A few months ago, TVDB changed the Season/Episode format for "The Three Stooges" to a system that utilized the year for the season number. For example "A Plumbing We Will Go" was previously (S07E03) and was changed to (S1940E03). When this happened, Media-Buddy began to rename the episodes without the title (for example "The Three Stooges - S1940E03 - .mp4"). This all started happening at the same time when TVDB was making the transition to V3 api so I initially thought it had something to do the api change since Media-Buddy returns correct info for everything else. Today I did a couple of tests on TVDB to see if it would return the episode name and it seems to be doing so correctly. Could you test this on your end and see if you think it's an issue with Media-Buddy or if it is an issue with TVDB? The example episode I was using in this post is "A Plumbing We Will Go", Season 1940, Episode 3. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom