Tools and other software Media-Buddy - the MKV Buddy successor. (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    We will have a look at this. In general S1940E03 should work flawlessly. I have some (mostly documentary) series that has this scheme too and they all are working. So it is no general issue but something special to this series...

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I agree, I did forget to mention that I have another series with that scheme that works fine. Thanks for taking a look!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Yes, this is the last public release.
    and this one is no longer working correctly
    What's the issue?
    Have you replaced the file from this post?

At the moment it would be hard to release a new public version as some things on the Audio metadata part still are not working as they should. The online databases are changing constantly their behavior so it's hard to follow up. If I would do another pre- release I need to disable many new parts. The "rest" is working properly here so if there are too much issues with the recent version maybe I need to do this extra work...

smd111

July 31, 2020
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi.
    Yes, this is the last public release.

What's the issue?
    Have you replaced the file from this post?

At the moment it would be hard to release a new public version as some things on the Audio metadata part still are not working as they should. The online databases are changing constantly their behavior so it's hard to follow up. If I would do another pre- release I need to disable many new parts. The "rest" is working properly here so if there are too much issues with the recent version maybe I need to do this extra work...
    that is what got me confused

"Sorry; I forgot to tell here about the new version."

i thought it needed v0.9.8.155 or 160 to make that file work
    i guess i was wrong

i updated that file and it is working again
    thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Finally.... The Version 1.0 of Media-Buddy is online.. It's a release candidate Version as the docs are not ready jet.
    All known features are included in this version. And many new fixes are added too. The last fix added was to protect HDR videos of being destroyed while recoding. FFMpeg has an issue when recoding HDR videos. A quick fix is not to be expected. So the Wizards don't recode any HDR video file at all. If you want to try this nevertheless, you can do it with the recoding module. But you won't like the result for sure...

The main news still is the audio part, that now is working.

Zwischenablage-1.jpg

As always you first need to change the configuration to your needs.

The renaming scheme can have variables enclosed with {}
    {AlbumArtist} = Name of album artist.
    {Artist} = Name of track artist (can but must not be identical).
    {Album} = Name of the album
    {Genre} = Genre of the album
    {Year} = Release year of the album
    {Disc} = Number of the Disc If there only is one disc the number best is not tagged (empty)...
    {Track} = Number of track.
    {Title} = Title of track

An album artist folder is necessary for grabbing so it will be generated automatically and didn't need to be included in any of the schemes..

The TADB API key can be changed if you have your own key. The Key "1" is the demo key which has some limitations. If you are using this part frequently you maybe want to think about an own API key...

In Audio Filetypes you can add any missing audio file types you may use. In various artists names you can add mor names for compilation artist names. Internally all "album artist" with one of those listed names are threat as "Various Artists" as this is necessary to get the matching data from TADB...

As in every module of Media-Buddy also the music part has a wizard. And as it is in othe rparts here also some settings are re-used. So we first have a look at the Metadata: Audio module.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

It is working as most Media-Buddy modules. On the right you can select the language for downloaded metadata. If the data is not available in your language, the English data is used instead... In the middle you can choose which artist fanart to load. An .nfo for artist always is generated so you can't choose this at all... For albums you can select, if you want the .nfo to be created (as it is not 100% necessary) but if you want the graphics to be loaded the .nfo file must be activated too. This is because the download URL for the graphics are discovered while grabbing the Album metadata...

For the metadata module to work it is necessary that the audio files are available in a proper structure as it is defined in the Media-Buddy settings. If you don't want to use the Wizard (which is creating the structure itself) there is a tool to do this for you...
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

This is self explaining, I think...

Media-Buddy also can recode audio files:
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

There are 4 formats available. The space-saving standard format MP3 of course is included. In addition, the HiRes format FLAC which requires more space than MP3, but is also much more flexible (more channels, etc.) and better (higher possible bit rates, etc.). Flac is my preferred format when I "rip" myself. In addition, the space-consuming but uncompressed standard Windows format WAV also is supported.
    WAV actually only makes sense if you want to process the files later... In addition, the rather new Opus format is supported. Lots of people swear by Opus, but I don't really warm to it. But if you want, you can use it...

The formats have different settings. With MP3 you can set the bit rate and the sampling rate, with Flac the quality and sampling rate. With Wav only the sampling rate and with Opus the bit rate and quality. These settings are also available in the assistant.

Now the wizard who works very typical for Media-Buddy.
    Zwischenablage-5.jpg

Exactly as usual you select the input folder and the target folder and then press "Let's go" In addition to the settings already known from the metadata and transcoding module (which of course have the same effect), you can also select which types should not be converted but only copied.

When the wizard has finished its work, a corresponding message is output and the selected follow-up action is started. As with video, there is also a post-processing option for audio, in which you can manually correct what the automatic system has not managed (e.g. because the corresponding entries are not available on TheAudioDB):
    Zwischenablage-6.jpg

Select the relevant artist from the left list. The appropriate graphics and metadata are then displayed in the corresponding fields. The images can be exchanged by clicking with the mouse on the corresponding image (or replace the placeholder with a "correct" image). The texts in the fields can be edited directly. All changes to the texts are saved as soon as you select a different artist or exit this window. It works just like the other parts work. So if you have already worked with Media Buddy, you will immediately understand ... There are three buttons at the bottom right. With "Back" you leave the reworking window. With "Fanart Copy" you copy the Artist Fanart into the central information folder as you specified it in the settings. If you unchecked this option, nothing happens when you click on it Button presses.
    If you press "Edit Albums", you get to the next window:
    Zwischenablage-7.jpg

Here the whole thing works exactly the same as with the artists ... Only the track list cannot be edited, because it is only a listing of the files actually available on this album ...

All audio .nfo files are generated 100% Kodi compatible. This means that they can also be used directly in other programs such as MP2 ...

Finally, a quick look at the tool for simply copying the artist metadata into the central folder:
    Zwischenablage-8.jpg

The left part is already known from the preliminary versions. The right part is new and does exactly this copying at the push of a button. The function is identical to the button "Copy Fanart" in the audio post-processing module.

And now have fun and hopefully not too many mistakes ...

Oh yes, the download can be found where it is always:

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    I tried your tool Media-Buddy and it is really good! (y)

I found one place where you missed translate "Beschreibung für filmset laden?", Google translate say it should be "Load description for film set?"
    1pic.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks for the hint. It's an easy fix and will be in the next release (not very far away)...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You either can uncheck "Transcode all in Settings -> Video Settings or add TrueHD to the whitelist (Excerpt Audio Codec)
    1633618985291.png

and then you need to check "Copy" under Audio Codec in AV-Conversion -> Video Recoding.
    1633619108512.png

MediaBuddy has so much options that you can not fit everything everywhere. Even when you use the Wizards all Settings made in Video Recoding are respected too... Lowest is everything you've set up in "Configuration". Here are options you don't need to change that often. Then all settings done in the single operation modules like Video Recoding or Video Remuxing and highest are the settings in the multi operation modules (wizards). If you can set up something in more than one place the highest module settings are used...

by the way, this is described in the doc too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom