media portal dual monitor (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    first of all, do you simply want MP to display on your TV and your Monitor (if you are using one) at the same time?

What type of video card do you have? It depends very heavily on what you card can do and what you need to activate before we can give you an answer on this...

For most nvidia cards, simply choose the clone option in the advanced display set up. If you tick the "MP always in fullscreen" box in MP config then do not set any full screen display in the display properties.

If this isn't the right information for you, tell us what you aer trying to acheive and what hardware you have...

xclocked

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks, can't i use dualview? Because my LCD monitor (main) runs @ 1280x1024 and the max my tv can run at is 1024x768. So if i use clone i would have to pam around in the desktop, would this be different in MP?

Also, my graphics card is a NvIDIA 5200.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    you can use dual view. I used this for a while but changed back.

You have to set your TV as the primary display for it to get the accelleration. Then you have to tweak all the settings so that all MP windows are sent to display one while all others go to display two.
    You can also sent the task bar to the PC monitor as well.

The only things that will not go to the monitor are the shutdown dialoge boxes and an occasional badly behaved message box. I had some stability issues with this, but I think they were mostly due to other things but I haven't bothered going back.

FWIW I use 1024x768 for both displays.

Hope this helps. If you solve the issue of the dialoge boxes let me know ;-)

Anakin

Portal Member
    October 11, 2005
    Córdoba, Spain
    i wonder if there's an option to use MP On Tv and use the pc with another program.... I.e. I use firefox on my pc meanwhile someone else is watching a movie on tv with MP...????

I've got a ATI 9600 pro 256 Mb
    PIV 3 Ghz Hypertrheating

DarkMedusa

Portal Member
    November 13, 2004
    Norway
    Nvidia dualview - maximize mp

Hi

I use mediaportal in maximized mode (not fullscreen). I simply move the window over to the tv screen (extended dual view desktop), and maximize it. The only problem with this is the border and the filemenu.

With a little tweaking in the code, you can remove the formborderstyle of the mp window when it is maximized.

This way I can watch movies (in full screen aswell) on the tv, while working with other stuff on the monitor.

Not sure how one whould go about with ATI, but with nView and Dual View this is possible.

It would be nice though, if the devs could make an option in config to disable the filemenu and border while maximized.

chiel

June 3, 2007
    I will also be interested in a feature like that to disable the menu in maximze. I am dooing the same thing as you now,because i have to share the pc with other roomates so there is always someone working. I set MP to the tv screen and set my tv so that the file menu is of the screen but it would be nicer if here was an option to just disable the menu bar.

keep up the good work team MP

Users who are viewing this thread