Media Portal freezes on wake (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    On my side i didn't notice regression with both patch :)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    for me, the second patch was not efficient, and few problem was always there, but it's based on personal sensor.
    the first one was more speed on resume.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The freezing issue is back with the updated installer. Here are the logs. (Sorry for the delay over the weekend)

Hi,

I will push another commit because on my system, the new patch override the real PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND sequence.
    When looking at your log, effectively, on your system the PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND is not receive and then MP can't resume GUI etc. (no clue why).

When compared to mine, the Log.Info("Main: User is providing input to the session"); can happen when my PC goes to suspend (no clue why lol because i'm didn't touch anything).

So the commit will try to handle both :

if Log.Info("Main: User is providing input to the session"); -> resume
    But keep the correct sequence if the message PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND is detected.

So please try also with the future installer :)
    Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey,
    I was removed all log but keep a copy in notepad lol

So :
    @ 13:25 (PC goes to suspend)
    [2015-11-11 13:25:34,378] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: OnSuspend - Done

But right after (but that's not true i have start suspend from remote so i wasn't present on my HTPC, the strange thing is that the same suspend doesn't give the same result lol)
    [2015-11-11 13:25:34,794] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: User is providing input to the session

So MP start the new code (OnResumeSuspend(); from // GUIT_SESSION_USER_PRESENCE is only provide on Win8 and above / case 0:)
    [2015-11-11 13:25:34,794] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Providing input - Resuming operation of user interface

After that : the real resume that start at 16:08
    [2015-11-11 16:08:07,515] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Connected
    [2015-11-11 16:08:26,970] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND)
    Note the diff of 20 seconds (no clue why)

And here PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND was skipped because already handled when suspend from case 0:
    [2015-11-11 16:08:26,970] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND was already handled, skipping
    [2015-11-11 16:08:26,986] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC)
    [2015-11-11 16:08:26,986] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC was already handled, skipping
    [2015-11-11 16:08:26,986] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE)

So what i have done is to let MP try again the resume part of code (even if already executed) but only if already executed (from another test, the case 0: was not executed so it act as normal).
    The thing i didn't understand is that @Jeffrios log didn't have the PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND executed and this is why you put it in Case 0:, it's strange.
    On his log it seems to always has the PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC but not the PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND lol.

:p

Attachments

• MP_Seb.txt
      219.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So what i have done is to let MP try again the resume part of code (even if already executed) but only if already executed (from another test, the case 0: was not executed so it act as normal).
    Maybe try to make a change to the first patch. Change this:
    Code:
    if (_suspended && !_resumedSuspended)
    ...to...
    Code:
    if (_suspended && _resumedAutomatic && !_resumedSuspended)

The thing i didn't understand is that @Jeffrios log didn't have the PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND executed and this is why you put it in Case 0:, it's strange.
    On his log it seems to always has the PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC but not the PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND lol.
    Yes, exactly. That is the cause of the problem, and the reason why the patch is needed. I thought maybe the message was missing due to a GPU driver problem, but Jeffrios and keeperoftracken have completely different GPUs.

Jeffrios = AMD Radeon HD 8670D, driver date 10/23/2015, W10
    keeperoftracken = NVidia ION, driver date 10/11/2015, W10

Perhaps it's related to 3rd party software. I don't know...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will need to start adding my logs here as I have one client that causes frequent problems when resuming from deep standby/hibernate.

Unfortunately I have little time for MediaPortal at this moment so this may take a while. What I can say though is that there apear to be GPU driver issues (Intel) under W10. Also I am using redirected paths for databases that point to a server. MP1 has an issue if the server is not available at the expected time. For true testing I would need to ensure that the server is running before waking up the "HTPC1" (see system specs for details).

That said I had tried Seb's previous 1.12-based version, which didn't run well. As we are looking at the client in my living, I need to provide a functional setup to the family, so I upgraded back to 1.13pre. If you guys could provide patches for 1.13, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom