MP2 - V2.5 Media Source (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why is windows able to see the UNC path and access the NAS, but MePo not?
    There are different protocols to access network shares, SMB is only of many. So if windows has access, it does not mean MP2 has access. But vice versa we can say, if windows has no access also MP2 will not have it.

Installed 2.41, and it was able to find my machines on the network (except the NAS)
    And it did show me a list of machines.
    Isn't that the same as before with MP2.5? Or do you mean the list of machines is shown with MP2.4.1 and only the spinning circle is visible with MP2.5?
    Were you using the NET4.8 or NET6 version of MP2.5? I can not see that in the logs.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Fair enough on point 1 ..

Point 2, yes 2.41 did show me the list of servers after the spinning diapered.
    In 2.5 it only showed the spinning cirkel it never exited it.

I did not select anything special in 2.5 installation. No clue if it then selects .Net 6 (i guess it did) since the 4.8 version is a seperate download.
    I can try with that version also.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not select anything special in 2.5 installation. No clue if it then selects .Net 6 (i guess it did) since the 4.8 version is a seperate download.
    I can try with that version also.
    There is no option. They are different installers and the NET6 was removed, now there should be only the NET4.8 version.
    Would be great, if you could try that. There was no change, so potentially your issue is related only to NET6. Then we narrow down the space for bugfixing.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well the bad news ...
    It only shows the spinning thingie.
    In the "log" i can see it found something on my network.
    But again, it does not show me the list on the screen..
    I did let it run for a couple of minutes.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    The user @caveman has an issue with the network neighborhood explorer for server shares. The issue is skin independend.
    He tried already to activate SMBv1 for Windows 10 without success.
    For me a bit surprising is following behaviour:

MP2.5 NET4/6
    • Just the loading spinner rotates forever
    MP2.4.1:
    • Network devices found, but not the NAS
    I think there was no change related to it and I initially thought it's an NET6 bug.
    Logs are attached for every case, but I can not see anything related to this (but other errors).

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you have a special "debug" version at some point let me know, and i test that one..
    Or if you want me to test something else.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have a special "debug" version at some point let me know, and i test that one..
    Or if you want me to test something else.
    Sure, but it will be probably hard, because we will be not able to reproduce this on our systems. If you search for „NAS SMB“ in this forum you’ll find several threads for MP1 & 2, where NAS could not be found. Mainly activation of SMBv1 helped. But it could be also needed to active other server protocols on the NAS. On my NAS I have the options Samba, smb and 2 more.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well i guess it's the least of the problems..
    But the biggest issue is that it does not finish the "search" part at all.
    If i can add it as manual, it's fine with me. Since this worked in the 2.41 version, not perfect.. But a working work arround :)
    Will be happy to test anything you throw in my direction.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure, but it will be probably hard, because we will be not able to reproduce this on our systems. If you search for „NAS SMB“ in this forum you’ll find several threads for MP1 & 2, where NAS could not be found. Mainly activation of SMBv1 helped. But it could be also needed to active other server protocols on the NAS. On my NAS I have the options Samba, smb and 2 more. I activated SMB and other services, so communication with MP2 will work.
    Here an example from my Netgear ReadyNAS.
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 113417.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom