MP2 - V2.5 Media Source (3 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have identified at least part of the issue, there is an issue in 2.5 where if a network request takes longer than expected and reaches the timeout the request is never marked as finished, e.g. in your case the request to get all network shares times out and the busy spinner is displayed indefinitely because the request never appears to complete. I have a fix for this ready, however it still won't address the underlying issue of the NAS not being found, it will just mean you'll be presented with an empty list of shares if the request times out rather than a permanent busy spinner, which is at least a better behaviour than the current.

I don't have any experience with handling a NAS but will try and see if I can get something setup and also investigate why it seems to take so long to enumerate network shares that it can lead to a timeout.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    That would still solve the issue.. I would be happy to test either (the quick fix) and later the other version.
    I belive ge2301 is right regarding the NAS.. There is a setting in it that will allow .Net to see it or not. But as long as you manually can add the shares it should be fine.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installed the new version, and i was now able to manually add the network shares :)
    Tanx for the quick fix.
    Thanks for testing this. so the major issue is solved. Hopefully the missing presence of the NAS in tree view can be also solved later, this was reported several times in forum and I also faced this in the past.

El_Nino

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello there,

@ge2301
    I have read this thread with interest, because I had something similiar with 2.4.1, tree viwe did not find anything (network credentials already entered) but manually adding the UNC path worked.
    But are you really proposing to enable SMBv1?
    Its marked "deprecated" for years, since Windows 10 there is version 3.1.1 available and in 2017 there was an update to deactivate and eliminate this protocol.
    So we are talking about a change of more than 6 years ago.
    SMBv1 is outdated and a security risk (see WannaCry).
    Im a bit confused if its really a wamted solution to go on with SMBv1 instead of v2 or even v3.
    Sorry for my nagging, but im really interested about the technical reasons.
    Maybe there was no time to adapt it or its too difficult.

Greetings

Last edited:

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Brownard, just a stupid question.
    Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch)
    I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it.
    Can et bee due to the "long" network response that you fixed for the adding?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom