MediaPortal 1.0.1 Release (1 Viewer)

tesco

Portal Member
March 27, 2009
When will we see 1.0.2? ^^

edit:

Those of you waiting around can try and solve this..

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    The reason I'm checking literally every day for 1.01 is because the main plugins that I use and love have all been updated to run on 1.01 and >>> won't run on 1.0 <<< properly. So all the advancement and corrections to skins/plugins are all being done on an unreleased MP. People running the released supported version of MP don't get to take advantage of updates. It's very frustrating.

I don't know why they have to develop for unreleased, future versions of MP and can't update their skins/plugins etc. for MP 1.0, but I'm sure they have their reasons. The net result is that we can't take advantage of them until MP 1.01 comes out.

I've dutifully read all the FAQs and threads but it's been weeks (or months) since it was announced that MP 1.01 would be "delayed". For some reason I thought this would mean 2 or 3 weeks; maybe a month. But there's no update since then and it's been months.

I'd really prefer to make a decision to give up on waiting for MP 1.01 and just update to unreleased SVNs so I can get on with things, hence threads like this that might possibly give a hint as to when MP 1.01 is coming get scoured for info.

A week?
    A month?
    A quarter?

I don't need exact dates, just indicative ones. "It's ready when it's ready" isn't helpful; "sometime in the next 3 months, probably not the next month" would be sufficient.

With the excellent project management that's been done to date, I'm sure it's possible to give some indication. If it's really that unknown, then perhaps a decision should be made to forgo waiting any longer. Not being able to release 1.01 because of some enhancement that can't be put against a timeline seems a poor decision.

Pretty much everything in this post is exactly the opposite philosophy to good software design. "It's done when it is done" is the safest answer. If a dev said "within 2 weeks" and then it wasn't released within 2 weeks, it is people like you who would be complaining.

Obviously skin & plugin developers are going to work on upgraded versions that may require svn versions of MP. There is a symbiotic relationship between the two. You are not being forced to upgrade from the versions made available which were specifically developed for 1.0.0

This software is being developed, for free, in developer's (MP and community) spare time. They are not beholden to the users and I would assume most of them are doing this for the 'challenge', not so they can come on forums they provide to be moaned at.

On a side note = This release feels much bigger than 1.0.1 - A x.x.1 release would signify to me a few bug fixes. With all the enhancements and functionality updates, this certainly feels like MediaPortal 1.1

moullas

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2005
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    Seems like the MP team wants to make a habit of releasing patches on a specific day... ala Microsoft Patch Tuesday.

With the difference that MP Patch Day will be a Friday, which is all well and good leaving users for the weekend to set up their HTPC with the care and attention they need.

Keep up the good work and keep it coming!

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The last bugs tracked in mantis for 1.0.1 are resolved now.

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    its been like that since yesterday

but as moullas said i expect the 1.0.1 to be released Friday afternoon.

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    its been like that since yesterday

but as moullas said i expect the 1.0.1 to be released Friday afternoon.

No, yesterday were still a few bugs open in the installer and I think one in Tv-Server.
    They where not visible anymore in the roadmap, but in the "View Issues" view you still can see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom