Mediaportal 1.02 and For The Record 1.4RC (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
These are GUI errors in the client and may very well be skin-related. I'll have a look at those too, but as far as I can see they are relatively harmless.

The possible fix I posted was for the server-side of things :)

pgitta

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Not related, but I'll be darned if I couldn't find anywhere on your forum to register to leave a bug report so I'll post the shot here:

Overlapping text in "Recordings" screen when titles are long:

recordings.JPG

Otherwise very nice. Would be great to be able to access more from within MP rather than the Windows app. Main TV's don't usually have convenient mice and keyboards.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
This looks more like an internal TV server issue.

However, my earlier change to use RemoteControl.Instance in our recorder/tuner may be responsible for triggering this problem. I've rolled back that change so you can test this. Please try the recorder/tuner below to see if that improves things:

So how did this latest fix work out? No more issues?

providers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I only have the gui errors and some small other errors, I will PM you later when I have testet more.

meq123

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Not related, but I'll be darned if I couldn't find anywhere on your forum to register to leave a bug report so I'll post the shot here:

Overlapping text in "Recordings" screen when titles are long:

Seconded.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    OK, but let's keep things focussed ;)

What I'm primarily interested in are the previously reported issues some of you were having with the recorder/tuner, are these fixed now? The other things will be looked at as well, but are minor in comparison :)

pgitta

Portal Member
    June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    I dont think I'm having those problems, but then I'm not sure if I was before the fix either.

I love the functionality of your program, but frankly, all troubleshooting and diagnosis goes out the window as far as MP is concerned because it is so intrusive and takes over so much of the stock interface.

I an torn between having a good scheduler, and having virtually everything else , (skins, plugins, etc) broken with FTR installed.

There are so many peculiar issues that crop up with it's implementation that it's not even fair to posts problems in this forum since most will have been caused by FTR, and people not using it will be scratching their heads wondering what the heck I'm talking about.

This is not suggesting your project is not worthwhile...it is immensly, just MP is no longer MP when paired with FTR.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Some might say it's indeed no longer the same, but much better ;)

Others will indeed fear some hassle. We're continously working on improving the situation, making things work as seamlessly as possible.

We have had no other choice than to make our own TV replacement plugin since we basically replace MP's entire core TV functionality, MP as a client doesn't even know there's a TV server involved anymore (and in fact there may not even be one if you use a different recorder/tuner). Of course we kept the modified plugin open source, like the one it was based on.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just would like to say that your Client and Server patches have resolved all my Client-Server drop out problems. Especially the most recent one you issued, the "noremote.zip" one...

All I have now is weird GUI issues that seem to be related to the channel logos. Not to get ahead of my self, but it would be nice to have higher resolution channel logos thrown into the mix...

One more question, what is the IMDB function meant to exactly do, I click on a movie, grab the IMDB and then nothing happens... Am I missing some thing here..

Thanks... I'm your biggest fan!

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Higher resolution channel logos are fully supported by For The Record itself actually.

Your GUI issues are most likely skin issues.

And the IMDB function is something that came from the standard MP code-base, so I'm afraid I can't offer any help there...

By the way, we'll include those fixes in the 1.4.0.1 maintenance release, when we get around to releasing that (bit busy right now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom