[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - delayed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
uuhh.. its getting close. both mediaportal and tv server is 100%.Now theres only some feedback needed for the installer.
I hope we see the RC1 this weekend :D

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the team throw's out another SVN.

If there's no new error, we'll see the 1.1.0 RC ... in good season.

For me no problem ... then we'll see the best MP ever ;)

cu

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ...

maybeme

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I really don't get why there is a RC roadmap, and a final roadmap. Shouldn't all bugs found that should be fixed in 1.1.0, already be fixed in a RC. I thought an RC meant "all bugs known so far that are worth fixing are fixed, and we probably have a final product, but we need some further testing before we call it final. If we find other bugs, we fix them, and release another RC."

I know products are released with known problems, and if these issues aren't showstoppers, you could put them on the roadmap for 1.1.1, but I really don't get why they're on the roadmap of 1.1.0 and not the RC.

EDIT: btw, please don't take this as critisism, as I really appreciate the hard work. I really hope I will one day really help with a big opensource project, and the more I learn now, the less mistakes I will make.

Thanks for this lovely piece of software!

(I'm now running a computerscience-education at a university in Belgium, I'm now in the second year, so I still have 3.5 years to go. When I have my diploma, I really hope to help with this project)

jezd

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Is this the complete issue list?

View Issues - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    Only for one project.

Top right corner of the page "Project:" to switch between them.

Hi there, can anyone confirm if there are plans for a new SVN before official release of 1.1.0 RC1 ?

We seem to have stalled regular SNV releases and even moved to single file fixes, yet ppl are still reporting bugs on the last SVN which is now effectively 40-50 patches out of date.

Just asking.

JD

CorruptByte

Portal Member
    April 25, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I really wish there was some kind of recent release that I could use right now with the current bug fixes in place. The two installer bugs that are left don't apply to me and using this crappy product called Windows 7 Media Center is driving me nuts. I can't wait to get back to MP with all its functionality above and beyond Windows Media Center Edition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom