[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 Release plan (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We are pleased to announce that the development of MediaPortal 1.1.0 is progressing better than expected.

As a result of this, we aim to publish our first Release Candidate on Friday, 28th of August. (Please be aware that this is a release target, last minute issues might delay the actual release a bit)

After this release there won't be any big code changes. The target is to eliminate the remaining issues and progress towards the final release.
    If required, a 2nd and maybe even 3rd Release Candidate will be published to ensure that the final 1.1.0 release is as stable and bug-free as possible.

We want to thank our community for the continued help with the development of MediaPortal 1.1.0.
    Especially those members which took their time to follow the guideline and provide useful bug reports (and not just some "it does not work" posts with no logs or other relevant info), and the community developers who submitted a great amount of bug-fixes and improvements.

That said. There are still quite many open tasks in our roadmaps which we would like to have in the 1.1.0 RC1 release, but we do not have the required development power to get them done in time.
    So we hope that developers among our community might be able to help us and submit these in our https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tch-guidelines-how-find-something-work-60397/ forum.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Will a direct upgrade from this RC to 1.1.0 final be possible?
    Sadly not.
    Everyone who is testing the 1.1.0 Alpha, RC-release(s) and/or svn builds has to be aware that an direct update to 1.1.0 final is not possible.

Because of the amount and scale of changes in 1.1.0, a clean installation is mandatory, or you _will_ have problems because of old files.
    We did see that in our internal testing.

:sorry:

rak

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Processing better then expected?

I'm always looking forward to read such news and as this one appeared I hoped that the major bugs for me were fixed. So I immediately checked the mantis but instead of that I realized that these "killers" have been postponed - so honestly, is it really "processing better then expected"?

I already used to see that "Flickering Tv guide" bug is being postponed from one release to another. But the bug 0002060 "Audio and video aren't always in synch when refresh rate is set to 24 hz" is reported by many users and even of this it is still in mantis as "new" and now postponed to some next release.

But to be fair and beside this, you really do a great job. Just to mention the fixed killer bug "grey blacks with EVR" recently and the subtitle engine from MPC-HC, so thanks for this!!

Anyway thanks for all your work and I hope that we will see the bugs fixed soon.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I already used to see that "Flickering Tv guide" bug is being postponed from one release to another. But the bug 0002060 "Audio and video aren't always in synch when refresh rate is set to 24 hz" is reported by many users and even of this it is still in mantis as "new" and now postponed to some next release.

To be fair I have to state few reasons why the bug has been postponed:

• Team members haven't been able to reproduce the issue (at least those ones who have been willing to test it or have 24Hz capable display device(s))
    • I don't have 24hz capable display, so I cannot debug nor reproduce the issue
    • Many users have reported the issue be caused by codec setup they have been using
    • Few users have reported it to be caused by the fact that they are using 24hz refresh rate and using 23.9xxxhz refresh rate solves the issye
    • The bug thread itself is really a jungle (at least I don't even know who has managed to solve the issue with what and who has been testing the proposals what I have suggested)
    • I haven't had enough free time to prepare the testing thread with good instructions what to test (and I didn't receive enough test material from you guys to plan the testing)
    • It's summer here, I wont spend it inside troubleshooting an issue that I'm not plagued myself (the good thing in open source compared to the paid job where you have no real choise if you wan't to fix something or not :))

Of cource it should be fix, but the bug is really nasty and the circumstances as well.

ps. what comes to the flicker issue, currently I would recommend to stay away from ATI's display adapters :p There might be solution in one day (one user is working on something that could in theory solve the issue, but it remains to be seen if it is after all ATI driver issue or bug in MP). Btw. has anyone contacted ATI and assked their opinion (not that I would assume to get any help from them). I personally diched the 3450 I had for two reasons 1) MP flickering bug that I wasn't able to solve 2) their drivers for Vista were infernal about a year ago (crashing on desktop use every second day on my dev PC (after the Nvidia had replaced ATI in HTPC).

qwertzer

Portal Member
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the information on the 24hz problem.
    I think nobody can blame you for this decision.

I will try to find a solution myself (at least for my setup :p ) once I can find the time.

Thanks for all your great work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom