[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAA

Portal Member
December 18, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I am not sure what my NAS (My Book World Edition II 4 TB Hard Drives ( WDH2NC40000 ) ) support SMB 2, but to make picture
clear I produced some tests and comparisons of MP with some known program.

Test 1. NAS located folder. Folder containes 480 files and 26 subfolders. I opened this folder from different program and fixed time which I needed to see list of files.
MP.Autocreating of thumbs is switched on. Delay is 2 m 32.15 sec
MP.Autocreating of thumbs is switched off. Delay is 2 m 03.45 sec
Total Media Teater 3. Delay is about 1 sec.
XBMC. Delay is about 1.3 sec
Power DVD 9. Delay is about 1.5 sec.

Test 2. Folder is located on USB drive. Folder containes 372 failes and 25 subfolders.
MP.Autocreating of thumbs is switched on. Delay is 5.80 sec.
MP.Autocreating of thumbs is switched off. Delay is 4.50 sec
Another programs show the same results as in case of NAS

RC1 now is faster in case of USB drive then last SVN which I tested.

In case of my NAS situation is not acceptable until now.

Great software. Becames better again, but some historical bugs disappoint. I met again problem with very low speed of access to the folders of NAS. In my case program is almost useless for the moment. First of all I need acess to my LAN based collection of movies.

Hello. I've had similar symptoms. For that reason my quite new NAS is not in use currently, and purchasing a server is on hold. I'm waiting which one will be first: a) Fix for this problem in MP1, b) M2, or c) properly working TV functionality in XBMC. See my latest post in the following link for details:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../patch-speed-up-shares-view-71931/index3.html[

Hi Hetfield. Which kind of NAS do you have?

Hetfield

Portal Pro
March 3, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi Hetfield. Which kind of NAS do you have?

I have D-Link DNS 323. Not very powerfull, but XMBC has no problems browsing folders with many files. I have also tried having Vista based server, and also vice versa having Vista as client and Windows 7 as server (Phenom X 4 on Windows 7). With all the combinations playback from big folders has been slow with MP (more than 30 seconds) and fast with XBMC (less than one second). Antivirus has all the needed exclusions defined.

If there are this many people having similar problems, would it be possible to investigate this issue for the next RC or at least to final release? I would do it by my self, but no time. So unfortunately I am only able to use MP and report some issues here, not able to participate debugging or making patches.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If there are this many people having similar problems, would it be possible to investigate this issue for the next RC or at least to final release? I would do it by my self, but no time. So unfortunately I am only able to use MP and report some issues here, not able to participate debugging or making patches.
    Fixing the issue for slow response with folders holding many videofiles means to re-code the entire MyVideos section.
    Not joking nor overstating.

This section is a big mess to say at least. :(
    i.e. once you stop playback of a video, the entire folder content gets _reloaded_ (wait the same time as you did when first entering the folder).

So i can just advice to either split the videos into subfolders (400 videos in one folder?) - or take use of plugins like TvSeries and MovingPictures which use a db driven view.

MP2 does not suffer from that problem. If anyone will create a new MyVideos for MP1 i dont know. Definitly wont happen for 1.1.0 - and i doubt anyone from the team will do it after that.
    :sorry:

Hetfield

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for a very fast response. So we'll wait for MP2, and I know there is no reason to use time for trying to solve this. Actually my workaround is to have a 1TB hard drive on the HTPC which I'm mainly using, and the NAS is now only for backup purposes. Other computers which I use randomly don't need to access the big folders very often. I have already split my Karaoke folder alphabetically ABC ... DEF...

XAA seems to have the actually same problem as I have. One clarification: creation of thumbnails is disabled, with that on the situation would be even worse.

kosmasan

January 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Great work :) Thanks a lot for your constant effort to improve mediaportal. Just in case some people have not solved the issue with the inability to play xvid files, check the saf codec page, where there is a patch that solves the issue. I had the issue and now everything is ok. :)

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I get this in the log after installing with the setting "use existing database":

2010-02-24 01:53:25.140625 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TvPlugin and TvServer don't have the same version.
    TvServer Version: 1.0.4.24975
    TvPlugin Version: 1.0.5.25080

TV-Server configuration says that the server version is 1.0.5.25080...

14bmail

March 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for all the hard work! I just wish I could get my remote to work (good) with MediaPortal. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit final + Compro Videomate t750f. The MCE compatible remote only half works. The TV GUIDE, back (backwards arrow), stop and many other buttons do not work. They do in Media Center and the Compro DTV software but I would LOVE to get the remote working with MediaPortal. It has been my favourite HTPC software for many years now, just that I have a new tv tuner as my old (working) HTPC + remote was sold to my father in-law so I got a brand new machine as my HTPC.

Just wish the remote would work in MediaPortal! Anyone have ideas on what to do? Thanks

XAA

Portal Member
    December 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thank you, Infinityloop, for your open explanation. I am sure I`ll find my personal solution based on MP 1.1.0 and MovingPictures. Wait for MP2.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MP2 does suffer from that problem. If anyone will create a new MyVideos for MP1 i dont know. Definitly wont happen for 1.1.0 - and i doubt anyone from the team will do it after that.

I guess the word NOT is missing from that statement. As in

MP2 does not suffer from that problem.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MP2 does suffer from that problem. If anyone will create a new MyVideos for MP1 i dont know. Definitly wont happen for 1.1.0 - and i doubt anyone from the team will do it after that.

I guess the word NOT is missing from that statement. As in

MP2 does not suffer from that problem.

lol - indeed. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom