[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAA

Portal Member
December 18, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Great software. Becames better again, but some historical bugs disappoint. I met again problem with very low speed of access to the folders of NAS. In my case program is almost useless for the moment. First of all I need acess to my LAN based collection of movies.

Hetfield

Portal Pro
March 3, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Great software. Becames better again, but some historical bugs disappoint. I met again problem with very low speed of access to the folders of NAS. In my case program is almost useless for the moment. First of all I need acess to my LAN based collection of movies.

Hello. I've had similar symptoms. For that reason my quite new NAS is not in use currently, and purchasing a server is on hold. I'm waiting which one will be first: a) Fix for this problem in MP1, b) M2, or c) properly working TV functionality in XBMC. See my latest post in the following link for details:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../patch-speed-up-shares-view-71931/index3.html

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    a server running windows vista or windows 7 should not have such a problem.

XAA

Portal Member
    December 18, 2009
    Home Country
    I use NAS based on Lunix. This device is good companion for the ION based PC. NAS is fast enough but almost absolutely helpless under MP

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    I use NAS based on Lunix. This device is good companion for the ION based PC. NAS is fast enough but almost absolutely helpless under MP
    i also have linux-based NAS Synology DS-209, and have no problems at all to tranfer data in both directions. have 2 client PCs - Phenom x4 with Xp SP3, and Atom/ION based with Win7. both show transfer speed about 50 MBytes/sec in any filemanager, and i have no problems to to watch HD movies from it. so i guess you have problems with your settings in system, and not in media portal.

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi

BugsBunny:
    have you tryed Nvidia PureVideo decoder for SD tv?
    i find it quite good for changing to correct aspect ratio.

Thanks - PureVideo seems to work - although I still find DScaler better (that's no longer working for me in MP 1.1 RC1).

@ XAA:
    Have you tried these?
    TCP Optimizer SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads
    TCP-Z TCP-Z, Best TCP/IP Patch: TCP-Z Center

Adjusting your network to correct settings with TCP Optimizer can have a big impact in network speed.
    Software firewalls could also slow down LAN network speed

XAA

Portal Member
    December 18, 2009
    Home Country
    I have very simple system: ION under Windows 7 and MyWorldBook 2 from WD which connected via Gigabit port directly to PC. Drive is able to read as quickly as about 20 mbyte per sec and I see 1080P without any problem.
    The problem is to open huge folders inside My Videos of MP. In case of 400 files inside folder I need more then 2 min just to see list of files. In case of external USB drive I need about 10-15 sec to open more or less the same folder.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED

I have very simple system: ION under Windows 7 and MyWorldBook 2 from WD which connected via Gigabit port directly to PC. Drive is able to read as quickly as about 20 mbyte per sec and I see 1080P without any problem.
    The problem is to open huge folders inside My Videos of MP. In case of 400 files inside folder I need more then 2 min just to see list of files. In case of external USB drive I need about 10-15 sec to open more or less the same folder.

This is a know "problem".
    There has been some optimizations regarding network performance, however it is still slow compared to native network access via e.g. Windows Explorer. Esp. if you have a NAS with low CPU power.

grubi.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have very simple system: ION under Windows 7 and MyWorldBook 2 from WD which connected via Gigabit port directly to PC.
    Does this "MyWorldBook 2 from WD" support SMB2 ?
    Because if it does not, then the ancient SMB 1 will be used - and this is horrible slow when accessing folders which contain lots of files (especially if MP has to create thumbs for the content)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom