[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC6 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried to reproduce the error I got yesterday but it didn't happen. MP RC6 upgrade went without a hiccup.

Will save logs next time. Sorry about that.

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    just in time.. rc5 not runing so well for me.. mediaportal has locked up a lot and it was a clean install as update from rc4 did not work.. hope I get on better with this version.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    just in time.. rc5 not runing so well for me.. mediaportal has locked up a lot and it was a clean install as update from rc4 did not work.. hope I get on better with this version.
    If it is a bug you are suffering from, then it will not get better unless you create a proper bugreport in the correct forum. ;)

lembugu

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC6 RELEASED!

Why did not enter the message for RC6 on the German side, perhaps forgotten? Is not so bad, I would be interested only

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will post logs and such later but I also get the same error with TVPlugin and MediaPortal being different versions.

I did an upgrade of RC5 which was running OK. :(

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    For once the update worked on my media centre.. All other version update ok on all my other computers just not the media centre.. Not had any bug in rc6 at all but only time will tell.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC6 RELEASED!

Is Windows XP SP3 no longer supported for Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC6?
    I uninstall MP 1.0.2 and did a clean install of RC6. But MP was really unstable.

1. Channelscan run normal way.
    2. Set DVB-IP tuner count to "0" -> TVServerSetup restart TVService -> application freeze. Not even task manager could kill the task. -> reboot pc
    3. Setup Mediaportal was o.k., except minidisplay don't work anymore with my iMon device when system goes to standby, the display is shortly switched off and then switch on again.
    4. Start TV, system freeze. Log shows: "Prepare CI menu" as last entry, but in TVServer cam is disabled.
    5. Scheduled redording is missed. System don't wakeup from standby.
    6. In music section i start playing a file -> press left button to show the menu -> MP completely crashes without any message.

So i decided to restore my system with an image from MP 1.0.2.
    If MP 1.1.0 RC6 is such unstable, i suggest to release more RC versions until MP is stable enough.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC6 RELEASED!

Is Windows XP SP3 no longer supported for Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC6?
    In that case the installer would tell you that you use an unsupported OS :p

I uninstall MP 1.0.2 and did a clean install of RC6. But MP was really unstable.
    Again I have to tell an user to read the release news.

If you have issues, then there is just ONE place where to report them. And it is not this thread.

If MP 1.1.0 RC6 is such unstable, i suggest to release more RC versions until MP is stable enough.
    If you have found issues in RC6, then I suggest to create a proper bugreport.
    Or how do you expect us to fix something noone reports (properly)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom