Mediaportal 1.13. Installation with Proxy (2 Viewers)

2102Michael

Portal Member
December 17, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi,

I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist.

So my problem is that I have to use a proxy and the MediaPortal installer seems to be unable to use a proxy during install. I do not have access to a computer connected to the Internet w/o proxy. So, what can I do to get MediaPortal installed?

Maybe meanwhile there is a plug in like TVWishlist available that also works on MediaPortal 2.x What I want is a feature to record all programs that include a given keyword.

Thanks for your support!

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I don't know about installing with a proxy, but TVWishlist is still available thru the MP extension manager on MP x86 v 1.33 pre ( The latest MP version).

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Try this updated TVWishlist installer (x86/x64 compatible). Tested on MP 1.33 Prerelease.

PS: for MP1 only

Attachments

• TvWishList.Ver.1.4.5.1.mpe1
      4.5 MB

2102Michael

Portal Member
    December 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks a lot!

Menawhile i was able to install Mediaportal. Now I am struggeling with my DVBC Tuner card from Digital Devices. In the old PC the card worked fine, now it takes just a few seconds after SetupTv.exe returns with zero channels. Did not search the forum for this topic yet.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now I am struggling with my DVBC Tuner card from Digital Devices. In the old PC the card worked fine, now it takes just a few seconds after SetupTv.exe returns with zero channels.
    There are some tuner cards where the manufacturer has not released 64-bit drivers. Consequently these tuners cannot be used with the 64-bit version of MP, even though they work with the 32-bit version of MP. Did you install the 64-bit version?

During the 64-bit install, there is a panel that lists at least some of these non-working tuners, but I don't remember whether Digital Devices is one of them. If you run the install again, you should see this panel (although the text is quite small, so you need to look carefully). You can cancel the install before you get to the point where the install actually starts.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks a lot!

Menawhile i was able to install Mediaportal. Now I am struggeling with my DVBC Tuner card from Digital Devices. In the old PC the card worked fine, now it takes just a few seconds after SetupTv.exe returns with zero channels. Did not search the forum for this topic yet.
    To identify the issue, please post your TV Server logs in debug mode.

2102Michael

Portal Member
    December 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I uninstalled the 64Bit Version and installed 32Bit Mediaportal. BTW, the uninstaller does not remove the TVService Service. Not a big deal, removed the entry with SC delete TVService an activated the 32Bit TVService wir SC create.

Now I am facing the next issue. TVWishlist reports:
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=-;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=MediaPortal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Call to GetHostEntry failed after 00:00:00 while querying for hostname '-': SocketErrorCode=HostNotFound, ErrorCode=11001, NativeErrorCode=11001. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt

I am using a MS SQL database.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I uninstalled the 64Bit Version and installed 32Bit Mediaportal.
    Does "TV Server Config" now scan for channels successfully?
    Does the MP client seem to be working correctly? (i.e. watch live TV, record TV, load an EPG, watch video, listen to music).

TvWishList is a plugin that is not part of the main MP distribution, and I have never used it. Maintenance of plugins is somewhat erratic (i.e. sometimes the author loses interest and the plugin eventually ceases to work). That said, perhaps @Pablik has an idea?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

2102Michael

Portal Member
    December 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    All DVBC channels have been found, EPG is working, also Live TV. :)

TV Wishlist has an issue with a skin XML file missing but seems to work.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    I uninstalled the 64Bit Version and installed 32Bit Mediaportal. BTW, the uninstaller does not remove the TVService Service. Not a big deal, removed the entry with SC delete TVService an activated the 32Bit TVService wir SC create.

Now I am facing the next issue. TVWishlist reports:
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=-;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=MediaPortal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Call to GetHostEntry failed after 00:00:00 while querying for hostname '-': SocketErrorCode=HostNotFound, ErrorCode=11001, NativeErrorCode=11001. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt

I am using a MS SQL database.
    I did a test on MP 1.33 Pre x64: both MySql and MS SQL configuration is working correctly.

PS: you can have installed both 32bit and 64bit version of the MP+TVServer: you just need to swap the service

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom