[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 final release details (1 Viewer)

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you EVERYONE who has put work in on this!!! A project like this requires so many man hours and so many people to get a good working product especially with all the variances out there between hardware components and countries too.

I have read through all the updates since 1.1.3 and it seems it will fix a lot of my minor gripes which will make for and EXCELLENT product, one that will ROCK.

I really appreciate everything the whole team has done!!! Keep up the good work.

I know my wife will be happy to a smoother running system by January since she will be home with our first baby boy! She can sit back and relax watching all her soap operas :rolleyes:

Thanks again!!!

Solas

ogir_xx

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2011
    largest town - Middle of Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I must say im utterly happy, content and amazed by the MP software and the MP developers, the testers, the plugin writers and the rest of us; the MP community.

A special thank to ALL the developers for developing this great GEM of software.
    As a newcomer to MP I have used approx half a year digging into the hardware, DVB tuner and MP setup mystery. It isnt easy and need an effort (but its definitly worth it :)
    The new 1.2 (RC) is now running steady, with Avalon, Moving Pictures and My TV series, and is the perfect media HUB and media service/player for the whole family.

MP is perfect!

Another special thanks to mm1352000, whose level of help, suggestions and patch writing is really amazing and appreciated! - Wihout your help i would have given up because of my tuner problems earlier on. Thank YOU :)

No Im eagerly looking forward to the final release of 1.2 - but im in no hurry. Just take Your time :)

Thanks again everybody!

C4tweazle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I must admit that i've looked into xbmc too. But that was only 5 minutes after install. Then a rapid deinstall and back to the good old mp. Thanks guys for all the work.

SingleMalt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaPortal 1.2.0 final release details

Now any commercial company would have released it with the bug and then charged me for the upgrade.
    Exactly! That spirit and the hard work that has been put into MePo so far, led me to an instant (second) donation. You guys rock!:D

-SingleMalt-

Dunedon

September 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As someone that was JUST about to download and install MP for the first time ... should I wait a week and start on the 19th? Or should I just download the RC and go for it today? As you might be able to tell, I'm a bit excited and impatient to start ... but if the RC isn't stable enough to use I can suffer through the wait :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The RC is EVERY bit as stable as Final. Feel free to download and install RC... You could stay on RC until 1.2.1 Final and probably not miss much, but I dont suggest it =)

As to your original question.... get to downloading now!!!!!!! =) Have fun and enjoy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom