[News] MediaPortal 1.2.3 RELEASED! (4 Viewers)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmm,

did not work very well.

I have two Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV TV cards.

After install everything seemed to work. But the HD TV was choppy (LAV filter). So I rebooted. Both TV card disappeared from Device Manager (tried several reboots).
    Shutdown,opened the HTPC, removed the cards, restart, shutdown again, add the cards, restart and the cards re-appeared. TV worked, but still choppy. Change to Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder. Playback was much better. However, after swapping a few channels, MP crashed.
    Tried another reboot: Cards disappeared from Device Manager again.

So I will go back to 1.2.2.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Um now I have upgraded I no longer have control of the volume, I think I was using the new patch someone made in area 51. What I would like to know why hasn't this made it to 1.2.3 since I've been using flawlessly since I tried it ??

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Tried another reboot: Cards disappeared from Device Manager again.
    That issue has nothing to do with MediaPortal. I gad this as well once. Under Windows 7 you must use the legacy firewire driver for your firewire ports. If you don't, then this will happen randomly.
    Another possible cause is the powersupply. One of our devs had this once. The firedtv would nolonger get the required power all the time.

Lastly, the worst case. One of my floppydtvs died 2 years ago. Dissapearing fron the devicemanager was how it started (had to reboot, unplug power and firewire si that the card would reset and work again after the next boot)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Um now I have upgraded I no longer have control of the volume, I think I was using the new patch someone made in area 51. What I would like to know why hasn't this made it to 1.2.3 since I've been using flawlessly since I tried it ??
    If the patch is still set to "WIP", then the dev does not consider it as stable yet.
    But even if a change is done, it is up to the dev to decide if it can go into a bugfix release, or if the change requires to go into the next major release.

Bottomline is that you have to ask the dev of the change why it isnt included in 1.2.3. ;)

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for this release. But i have also problems with this new release. I made an upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 and now it seems that i have issues with the database. The starting of MP is very long and also MP sometimes stopped working. Please have a look on my logs.
    I have a lot of lines like:
    2012-04-14 07:55:38.220081 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: TVSeriesDatabase4.db3
    2012-04-14 07:55:38.222081 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    2012-04-14 07:55:38.224082 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    2012-04-14 07:55:38.225082 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    2012-04-14 07:55:38.227082 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    2012-04-14 07:55:38.229082 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    2012-04-14 07:55:38.231082 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    2012-04-14 07:55:38.233082 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    2012-04-14 07:56:08.516814 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:confused:QL logic error or missing database query:update options....................

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• mp.zip
      41.8 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Look like a db corrupt :(
    Can you backup your TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 and delete original one and do a refresh of it ?
    Thanks.

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    That issue has nothing to do with MediaPortal. I gad this as well once. Under Windows 7 you must use the legacy firewire driver for your firewire ports. If you don't, then this will happen randomly.
    Another possible cause is the powersupply. One of our devs had this once. The firedtv would nolonger get the required power all the time.

Lastly, the worst case. One of my floppydtvs died 2 years ago. Dissapearing fron the devicemanager was how it started (had to reboot, unplug power and firewire si that the card would reset and work again after the next boot)

Thank you for your detailed answer.
    I thought it could be related to MP since there is a fix for floppydtvs :
    - 0003732: [TvServer] Digital Everywhere can cause locked CAM (DieBagger) - closed.
    I have been using MP for years and everything was running fine until I installed V1.2.3. I thought it was strange that both cards would disappear from Device Manager at the same time.
    1. I am using the legacy firewire driver for the firewire ports
    2. I just installed a new 750W PSU (2 months ago)
    3. Floppydtv died. Could happen, but both cards at the same time?

Anyway, thank you for an excellent product. I will play a little bit more with V1.2.3 over the weekend.

Keep up the good work :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I think 1.2.x versions are only for bugfixing. New features will most likely be in 1.3 Alpha. But you could ask in the corresponding thread for new .dlls which will work with MP 1.2.3

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Which patch is this? I don't see anything in area 51 related to volume control.

And did you report in area 51 that the patch was working fine?

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread