[News] MediaPortal 1.2.3 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

bigl

Portal Member
December 26, 2007
Home Country
Has anyone had problems with Norton Preventing the instalation of MediaPortal 1.2.3?
NORTON reports syas

I will email norton but wondered if I was the only problem user

I have had problems with MediaPortal 1.2.2 and did a compelete remove I am running VISTA 32
_________________________________________________________________________________**************************************************
"Very Few Users - Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file. This file was released less than 1 week ago.
Threat Details
SONAR Protection monitors for suspicious program activity on your computer.

Source File:
mediaportal_setup_1.2.3_final.exe

File Created:
mediaportal.deploytool.exe
File Thumbprint - MD5:
8e954f8d9a3d75c5662535227f7945b6

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks a lot guys for your ongoing improvements!
    I pray it will take the issues away that I have lately with 1.2.2

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    :) Good to me work as well as the 1.2.3beta. However the install did not allow me to upgrade to final. I had to manually use the deploy setup.
    Big thumbs up for you guys.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Has anyone had problems with Norton Preventing the instalation of MediaPortal 1.2.3?
    NORTON reports syas

I will email norton but wondered if I was the only problem user

I have had problems with MediaPortal 1.2.2 and did a compelete remove I am running VISTA 32
    _________________________________________________________________________________**************************************************
    "Very Few Users - Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file. This file was released less than 1 week ago.
    Thats pretty much the same "warning" you get with Internet Explorer 9.
    As far as i know, it only happens when downloading *.exe files. I have considered packing the setup into a zip file to get around that warning. But I am not sure if our users like that extra step for installing a new version.

That warning usually disapears after a few days when the setup had "enough" downloads. :coffee:

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Question: I've been running standard 1.2.2 for the last months, but one month or so ago I tested a patch to support usals dish moving method... What I did was just backup my "program files" and "programdata" team mediaportal folders, install the patch, test, and go back to original folders...

Now 1.2.3 installer is preventing me from upgrading, so it's detecting that patch, although as I've told you, I restored my original working dirs after testing the patch... :( Any idea what could I do that saves me from starting from scratch aaaaalll my config?

I've tried rerunning patch installer, and actually it's detecting itself as installed, but my concern is that uninstalling results in a completely mess... Also I don't have usals installation dirs, because after testing the patch I removed them... :(

Thanks!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Question: I've been running standard 1.2.2 for the last months, but one month or so ago I tested a patch to support usals dish moving method... What I did was just backup my "program files" and "programdata" team mediaportal folders, install the patch, test, and go back to original folders...

Now 1.2.3 installer is preventing me from upgrading, so it's detecting that patch, although as I've told you, I restored my original working dirs after testing the patch... :( Any idea what could I do that saves me from starting from scratch aaaaalll my config?

I've tried rerunning patch installer, and actually it's detecting itself as installed, but my concern is that uninstalling results in a completely mess... Also I don't have usals installation dirs, because after testing the patch I removed them... :(

Thanks!

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/pre-testing-of-mediaportal-1-2-3.106441/#post-850487

Plueschi

Portal Member
    October 22, 2009
    Werther
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great!! TV works as a sharm with my Cine6 now. No stuttering or something else! Great work guys! Thank you very much for this.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread