[News] MediaPortal 1.2.3 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sure I'll do. In fact, I do a complete new install every few months to ensure I don't carry old bugs because of different upgrades... :)

Thanks again. 1.2.3 installed and running. :)

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    nice thanks - had a small TV Server Update Problem (from 1.2.2) - TV Server Only Update, after the Update Powerscheduler++ was away.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm,
    After install everything seemed to work. But the HD TV was choppy (LAV filter).

Please check if hardware decoding is enabled in the LAV filters. (Start->Programs->LAV->LAV Video Decoder). LAV might have forgot its settings on the update.

Flip,.

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Everything alright when updating to 1.2.3

@All ForTheRecord Users: Remember that you deactivate the TV Server of Mediaportal after updating if both are installed on your system. Cost me 3 recordings until I looked for the TV Server service in Windows :p

The WAF master super hyper recording has also been lost... oOOo ^^

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just downloaded the Update and i'll test it in the next days. Can't wait getting a timeslot for installing it :-D
    Thanks a lot!

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    That only fixed a bug related to paytv. I can't think of any way where MP could cause a device to dissapear in the devicemanager. :confused:
    You could try to go back to 1.2.2, but it would be very odd if that would fix the issue (running 1x floppydtv-s, 1xfloppydtv-s2 and one firedtv-s2 here)

Thank you for your prompt feedback - much appreciated!
    Maybe it was related to yesterdays date ... Friday 13th ...:confused:

I re-installed 1.2.2 last night and got the same problem with disappearing cards (last time I saw this was when I was running Vista).
    This morning I installed V1.2.3 again. And so far so good .... I have even rebooted ... and the cards are still there ;)

So I guess it was just one of those coincidences ... both cards disappearing just after installation of a new version (and re-appearing the next day) :rolleyes:

I used to use FloppyDTV cards and this used to happen periodically, usually after updates - then it seemed to stabilize for a while. Think it is weak firmware, you have to remove power cord from PC for 10 seconds to reset cards (firewire holds 5V on shutdown). I switched to Hauppaugge Nova HD-S2 cards after DigitalEverywhere dissolved (RIP) and never saw this again.

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    This is the most effective update in the Mediaportal life!

I have 2 Peak DVB-T PCI card for a total of 4 TV-Tuner. I have never been able to keep them working properly. One card worked properly the other... well I do not know I have never been able to use it. So I used the TV-Server without a lot of passion never properly configured EPG or sorted the channel list in a proper way.

Yesterday for the first Time I have been able to record 2 program while watching another one! This is simple perfect.

Thank You guys

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Has anyone had problems with Norton Preventing the instalation of MediaPortal 1.2.3?
    NORTON reports syas

I will email norton but wondered if I was the only problem user

I have had problems with MediaPortal 1.2.2 and did a compelete remove I am running VISTA 32
    _________________________________________________________________________________**************************************************
    "Very Few Users - Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file. This file was released less than 1 week ago.
    Threat Details
    SONAR Protection monitors for suspicious program activity on your computer.

Source File:
    mediaportal_setup_1.2.3_final.exe

File Created:
    mediaportal.deploytool.exe
    File Thumbprint - MD5:
    8e954f8d9a3d75c5662535227f7945b6

An HTPC with Norton is a bad combination.
    I have removed all software that could influence performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread