[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 Alpha Released (1 Viewer)

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    I think that Youtube is all of the best way to make tutorials, and MP to make ease for people adjust MP settings in shortest way with good explanation is right thing. It is a lot better (for newbies or people that want out of the box things) then read wiki ;)
    Some more detailed about codecs usage (latest VC1/VC1i splitting etc.), renderers, post processing possibilities, right video drivers+resolutions+tv Hz settings, Moving pictures and/or video DB usage (it is a bit complex, but super feature).

Respect for good job done (started ?!)[DOUBLEPOST=1342694213][/DOUBLEPOST]Also - skin makers could make their presentations with modifications features and how-to's.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please be aware that this is Alpha Software - so expect it to have some problems and quirks!

Quirks?! No trace of any problem: Home user with one single seat and one client with access to single seat.
    MPExtended and aMPdroid working perfect!

This feels like having the final product before release. Huge thank to all you busy and antlike working guys!

Greets Fafnir

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Please be aware that this is Alpha Software - so expect it to have some problems and quirks!

Quirks?! No trace of any problem: Home user with one single seat and one client with access to single seat.
    MPExtended and aMPdroid working perfect!

This feels like having the final product before release. Huge thank to all you busy and antlike working guys!

Greets Fafnir
    Yeh, the only quirks ive seens are from plugins/skins that have yet to be updated but thats natural - the core seems solid!

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Been testing 1.3a since release and pretty happy with it. Can only second those who feel it is faster and more stable.

One idea with regards to something like a plugin compatibility list. For most plugins and skins the information is right there in MPEI (once you run the current version). Maybe there's some way to export that info and generate a webpage displaying MPEI's compatibility info on a daily basis.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You can also search all 1.3.0 compatible extensions in the Plugins/Skins Downloads repository. Just click Advanced Search, then click the box for v1.3.0 and search. I am not sure all extensions have updated their listings yet, but many have.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

i updated my MP installation to 1.3.0 alpha two days ago and since then i got some problems with Live-TV/recordings (other video sources not tested yet).
    Every 5-7 seconds the counter of the "drawn frames" inside the graph view starts from 0 again and the dropped frame counter raises to 3 and while this is happening, the picture is stuttering.
    I tried LAV video codecs v0.50.5 and 0.51.2 and its the same. Maybe someone else got the same problem?
    I will gather some logfiles when im at home today.

EDIT: it seems that only Live-TV and recordings got this problem... .mkv, .avi files and DVD playback is fine.
    I attached some logs so maybe some dev can take a look at it?

Last edited:

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem solved...My TV needs 150ms for processing the pictures and because of this set a delay for audio inside LAV audio configuration. As soon as i disabled this setting, everything worked fine! when the delay was set for the lav the MP Audio Renderer also did not work properly...this problem is solved too by disabling the LAV internal audio delay. since the mpar is working i can use the delay setting of it and it seems to work fine.

PCSentianl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can I make three feature requests, if they havent already been asked for?
    1) Please can we have a dynamic Audio Delay function for the LAV filters so that it can be changed on the fly whilst watching output (as per ffdShow slider)
    2)Windows Media Centre has a neat feature where if you fastforward to double time then the audio is till played and they use a fancy algorithm for making it not sound like Mickey Mouse. An y chance of MP doing this?
    Thanks for a fantastic product.
    3) In TV is there a way a button can be assigned so that the viewed channel swaps between current and presious watched (good for boring ad breaks)

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom