[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 Alpha Released (2 Viewers)

husmoaschta

Portal Pro
August 15, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
husmoaschta, please make a bugreport for this in the bugreports section, with complete logs etc. and not in this release thread. I'm pretty sure a nice dev wil help fixing it.

infinite.loop said:
@husmoaschta
There is no need for a bug report because this is not a bug but a missing feature. mm had a test binary published in the forums for 1.2.3 which enabled the support of that DigitalDevices hardware.
Sadly we did not get the rework done for 1.3.0 Alpha, which the support of that hardware is a part of.

I am talking with mm to see when he can publish a test version in Area51. :)

I'm already in contact with mm to help him with testing ...

Last edited:

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    TV Fullscreen:
    I love the new green program number in fullscreen mode (top left)!

It's the first time since I use MePo (2006), that I'm knowing on which program-number I'll find which program.

brilliant (y)

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just want to add my thanks for 1.3A. It definitely looks and feels slicker, which of course is partly thanks to catavolt's work on PureVisionHD but also the new skin engine.

Redemption80

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2010
    Glasgow
    Home Country
    What do you mean?
    I have MPAR encode 5.1 audio and output an ac3 through optical spdif.

Sorry, yeah i know, i just notice less of a difference having audio frames dropped/repeated than encoding to AC3.
    Could you explain this a bit more detailed? :)

Apologies, meant using ReClock and setting it to Accept Bitstream Formats, so it will repeat and drop audio frames rather than encode the audio to AC3, James from Slysoft doesn't recommend it, but it works works well for some.

Bought new analog cables today, so will be back to that and will get testing on MPAR by the weekend anyway.

Is it me, or is 1.3.0.0 much faster, unfortunately i did a new OS install so i'm not sure if its that or not, buy flipping through all the menus at speed has never been snappier.

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry, yeah i know, i just notice less of a difference having audio frames dropped/repeated than encoding to AC3.
    Could you explain this a bit more detailed? :)

Apologies, meant using ReClock and setting it to Accept Bitstream Formats, so it will repeat and drop audio frames rather than encode the audio to AC3, James from Slysoft doesn't recommend it, but it works works well for some.

Aaahhh, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Is it me, or is 1.3.0.0 much faster, unfortunately i did a new OS install so i'm not sure if its that or not, buy flipping through all the menus at speed has never been snappier.
    Actually you should see a bit of an speed boost. But an clean OS Install can do wonders sometimes as well. :D

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Some information on a couple of plugins:

Thor2605 has updated Audio Renderer Changer to be compatible with 1.3A.
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/arc-audio-renderer-changer

MPStartIt doesn't appear to be compatible (resets to start on Home whatever I try and change it to). Note that it shows as compatible in MPEI and MP Config, but apparently this is because it doesn't correctly notify MP that it uses certain subsystems that have changed since 1.2.

offbyone is waiting for a compatible version of the Extensions Plugin and a fixed LAV Filter to release a new version of OnlineVideos but he has a test version for the impatient.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...1-2-0-0-2012-04-06.103682/page-47#post-881048

MyFilms is being updated but because of the changes in 1.3A will require separate packages for 1.2.x and 1.3.x .
    http://code.google.com/p/my-films/i...iority Docs Milestone Owner Summary Component

MyEmulators2 appears to be fine but note it will only show in MPEI if you untick "Show only stable releases".

Hopefully that will help others save a bit of time :)

Last edited:

Daywalker1711

Portal Member
    April 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi thank you for the great job .. :)

It looks good .. waiting for the support for TBS Tv Cards ( CI Modul works in MP) I hope it realise with the Beta Version ... looking foreward for this day than I can use the TV option ...
    Please give me a anser how long it takes and is it planet...

Sorry for my English

Daywalker

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've put up an Installation and Configuration video on youtube in regards to MediaPortal 1.3 Alpha.
    Also made a blog entry --> HERE.
    Tell me what you all think on that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom