[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta Released (3 Viewers)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
After working with the new release last night my wife and I both think the old Default Wide skin is easier on the eye. Is it possible to use the old version from 1.3 alpha instead of the new one? If so, how do I download and implement it?
Answering my own question (which, if I'd thought for a few moments more I wouldn't have asked because it's obvious!)

Yes, it does work - but not particularly well so I've reverted to the new version.

I see that mike1 agrees with me - thanks.

But please don't get the wrong idea - I still think MP is way better than anything else I've seen. Now if only the
(or atleast when that 'half/quarter screen issue when resuming' is solved (Scythe42, I know you're busy but PLEASE alot peeps waiting this, and about 80% is not posting of this which i know is wrong, like myself.....)

can be fixed it will be wonderful (I've had one instance of this already since installing yesterday afternoon).

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is there some way to disable the message about support for Windows 8 when you open the MP Configuration? I fully understand that it pops up on install and the first time you open config, but after that it's a bit excessive isn't it?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Is there some way to disable the message about support for Windows 8 when you open the MP Configuration? I fully understand that it pops up on install and the first time you open config, but after that it's a bit excessive isn't it?

Yes, downgrade to a decent operating system :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

The aim is to fully support windows 8 in 1.3 Final, until then warnings will be displayed. I do not know how to disable.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Yes, downgrade to a decent operating system :)

I've never been happier with any OS then I am with Windows 8, it's so much more effective for my use.

ZealotTC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    finished upgrading now, it went very smoothly supriseling smoothly I may say ;) I love it god damn it's awesome. this is not just mediaportal 1.3beta this is Mediaportal Reloaded :D

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey, thanks for the great work.

After upgrade of my client and tvserver (running on WHS) i have exceptions if ill open miniepg (enter) in tv.
    Attached the logs.
    Please help, i want to stay with 1.3beta.

thanks popy

Last edited:

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    I know it's probably wrong on my end, but can someone give me a clue how to fix it the right way.
    When I use default and default wide, MovingPictures and MyTVSeries works OK. But with Titan skin I get
    "Wrong Skin File", and in the background I see "Missing or invalid file:C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\movingpictures.xml", same thing in MyTVSeries.
    I understand that I need the right movingpictures.xml and mytvseries.xml, but how. I mean what is the best way. I tried to install Kiwijunglist's (Unofficial) Titan Christmas Theme from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-1-3-0-beta-released.114501/#post-942710 , but still same problem.
    Should I rerun the installation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom