[News] MediaPortal 1.4.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It does it on both moving pictures and tv series plugins. When I hit the info button to bring up the contex menu on a random movie/episode and select rate nothing happens. It didn't do this till I upgraded to 1.4 pre release. I'm guessing it's a bug.
    Did you upgrade these plugins when you upgraded to MP 1.4 PR?
    Either way, this is the wrong place to report such issues.
    Please report issues with plugins to the appropriate plugin developer(s).
    Don't forget to supply log files so that the plugin developers have all the information they need to help you troubleshoot.

mm

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah I'm pretty sure all plugins were updated I'll double check though. And I understand I'll probably end up doing that.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

i noticed that on my HTPC commercial skip doesnt work...i added the comskip markers to the skinfiles but the markes wont show up and pressing "skip" has no effect. I tried different older recordings from my MP 1.3 installation where comskip worked fine. i also checked if the needed txt files are available inside the recording folders...from my point of view it should work !? :(
    Can someone confirm that this is working/ not working with the 1.4 pre release? Will write a bug report if someone says, that it should work...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

i noticed that on my HTPC commercial skip doesnt work...i added the comskip markers to the skinfiles but the markes wont show up and pressing "skip" has no effect. I tried different older recordings from my MP 1.3 installation where comskip worked fine. i also checked if the needed txt files are available inside the recording folders...from my point of view it should work !? :(
    Can someone confirm that this is working/ not working with the 1.4 pre release? Will write a bug report if someone says, that it should work...

Did you try using the defaultwide skin? If you added comskip markers to the Titan skin files, perhaps you can upload them, since there is an open mantis for this and it would be good to have the files.

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4251

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't believe no one else is getting the horrible half screen error, when they change to skins or themes that havn't been cached yet.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I can't believe no one else is getting the horrible half screen error, when they change to skins or themes that havn't been cached yet.

Try reporting in the bug report section of the forum for 1.4.0 Pre Release. This thread really isn't the best place for bug reports (even unconfirmed ones).

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you try using the defaultwide skin? If you added comskip markers to the Titan skin files, perhaps you can upload them, since there is an open mantis for this and it would be good to have the files.

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4251

Ok comskip is working...after the installation of the 1.4 pre release the tv server part wasnt installed anymore. after reinstalling comskip monitored it worked with the comskip files of a new recording. So comskip function is generally available and with DefaultWide skin the markers are shown within the progress bar.
    So it should work within titan as well? I will take a look at the skinfiles...maybe there is something wrong but i added the comskip markers in previous titan skin versions earlier and it was fine...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Comskip markers are visible in DW skin and I can skip chapters in MP1.4 Client. (Recordings are from MP1.3 TV-Server)[DOUBLEPOST=1370012472][/DOUBLEPOST]

Try reporting in the bug report section of the forum for 1.4.0 Pre Release. This thread really isn't the best place for bug reports (even unconfirmed ones).

Yup posted a while ago - I have this problem with upgrade to MP1.4 and then I did a clean install, and I still have this problem.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...aportal-to-black-out-2-3rds-of-screen.119311/

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    So it should work within titan as well? I will take a look at the skinfiles...maybe there is something wrong but i added the comskip markers in previous titan skin versions earlier and it was fine...

Comskip should work with Titan I think (I don't use it), but the markers are not shown in skin. If you can add them, then I am sure @ncoH would appreciate this. Just need to post them somewhere in the forum. If you do this, send me a PM so I can find them and follow this up.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom