[News] MediaPortal 1.4.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (1 Viewer)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As you say, it would make sense - but it's a real shame if that is actually the cause. With the quarter screen problem I could at least use the remote to simply restart the client. With the current problem I have to find the keyboard...
Really? Are you 100% sure that there's nothing that you can press on the remote triggers the screen to come on?

Actually, I've now come to realize that things are a little more complicated than I first thought, in that I don't think that the remote is even working when MP resumes. To explain, as I said, I have tried several keys on the remote to see if it triggers the screen to come on, but nothing works. So I specifically tested the situation by allowing a resume, then pressing the Guide key on the remote before using the keyboard to get the screen alive. This key always works perfectly from anywhere in MP when it's running. However, in this situation, when I use the keyboard to trigger the screen display, the display on the screen is NOT the guide page but the Basichome screen. This strongly suggests that the remote had not been detected at all, but that as soon as the screen display is active then all the remote keys work exactly as expected.

Again, any ideas?

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Has anyone had any trouble with Rating not showing up when selecting a movie/pressing info to select rate movie? It also doesn't work for TV series. I'm not talking about TrakT raiting those work.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I eagerly hope that the "restart on resume" option will come back...seriously missing it!

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not for 1.4.0. Far too much risk of something going wrong as a result.

Thanks for the info. This causes some trouble in specific setups: I have a multiseat installation where the TV server resides on a WHS 2011 machine.
    I use the software "LightsOut" to send my server to sleep when it's not needed. It'll automatically come back online whenever a PC in my home is started (or I trigger it remotely), but it may take some seconds for all services to coma available.
    YOu can imagine that e.g. the Live TV functions doesn't like it when there's no TV server present after resume...
    ALso, there's no option (as far as I can see) to go back to the main menu after each resume or delay access to the server.
    And what about access to PIN protected folders after resume?

I'm sure there were good reasons to remove that option, but there are also some good reasons why it hurts a lot.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Not for 1.4.0. Far too much risk of something going wrong as a result.

Thanks for the info. This causes some trouble in specific setups: I have a multiseat installation where the TV server resides on a WHS 2011 machine.
    I use the software "LightsOut" to send my server to sleep when it's not needed. It'll automatically come back online whenever a PC in my home is started (or I trigger it remotely), but it may take some seconds for all services to coma available.
    YOu can imagine that e.g. the Live TV functions doesn't like it when there's no TV server present after resume...
    ALso, there's no option (as far as I can see) to go back to the main menu after each resume or delay access to the server.
    And what about access to PIN protected folders after resume?

I'm sure there were good reasons to remove that option, but there are also some good reasons why it hurts a lot.

Could you start a thread for this in the bug reporting area for 1.4.0 Pre Release, explaining precisely your usage scenario and why you really need this feature? If others with issues can also contribute, we can then consider whether this is needed. If it is needed, then I see no reason why we can't get it back fairly soon. We just need information so we make the right decisions.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    No one else having the problem with not being able to rate a movie/tv series?

TvSeries using the plugin? Report to the plugin author. Movie - using the core plugin? Or MovingPictures? Come on, we're not psychic.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It does it on both moving pictures and tv series plugins. When I hit the info button to bring up the contex menu on a random movie/episode and select rate nothing happens. It didn't do this till I upgraded to 1.4 pre release. I'm guessing it's a bug.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom