[News] MediaPortal 1.4.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Have installed 1.4 with no problems - but have noticed one "issue". Under 1.4 if the MP resumes by itself (either to record something or for EPG grabbing) then if I turn the TV on I have no picture - I need to use a keyboard or mouse to kick the screen display into life. If I turn the PC on myself in order to watch something, then no problem, the screen is active. Under 1.3 (and all previous) this was never an issue.

Any suggestions?

Note, Windows power plan is set to never turn either the PC or the display off.

Debug logs please if this is 100% reproducable..

MP Log attached. PC was restarted and allowed to sleep normally. Resumed to record, I turned on monitor (Samsung TV), no picture. Used keyboard to produce picture, stopped MP client to get log.

@Scythe42, any ideas?

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    I'm not sure but I think Scythe mentioned somewhere that this is not a bug but a feature :D
    When the computer wakes up on its own from any kind of suspend state it is not expected to turn on the screen because in this case no one is expected to watch the screen (of course this is different if it wakes up due to user action)
    But then again this may be different when you switch on the screen after such an automatic wakeup. How is your screen connected? hdmi?
    Cheers, Michael

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm not sure but I think Scythe mentioned somewhere that this is not a bug but a feature :D
    When the computer wakes up on its own from any kind of suspend state it is not expected to turn on the screen because in this case no one is expected to watch the screen (of course this is different if it wakes up due to user action)
    But then again this may be different when you switch on the screen after such an automatic wakeup. How is your screen connected? hdmi?
    Cheers, Michael

Yes, HDMI. However, as I said, this did not happen with 1.3, so perhaps it is somehow related to the fix for the quarter screen problem? I used to get that regularly but since 1.4 it's not happened at all.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, HDMI. However, as I said, this did not happen with 1.3, so perhaps it is somehow related to the fix for the quarter screen problem? I used to get that regularly but since 1.4 it's not happened at all.
    That would make sense since Scythe42's fixes for that issue were included in MP 1.4... and hence you get the benefit of the quarter screen fix, but you also don't get the old screen switch-on behaviour that you're used to.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    That would make sense since Scythe42's fixes for that issue were included in MP 1.4... and hence you get the benefit of the quarter screen fix, but you also don't get the old screen switch-on behaviour that you're used to.

As you say, it would make sense - but it's a real shame if that is actually the cause. With the quarter screen problem I could at least use the remote to simply restart the client. With the current problem I have to find the keyboard which, as this is the htpc in the lounge, is usually tucked away somewhere. My wife's not entirely happy with the solution to the quarter screen problem since she'd just about got used to solving that one!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As you say, it would make sense - but it's a real shame if that is actually the cause. With the quarter screen problem I could at least use the remote to simply restart the client. With the current problem I have to find the keyboard...
    Really? Are you 100% sure that there's nothing that you can press on the remote triggers the screen to come on?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    As you say, it would make sense - but it's a real shame if that is actually the cause. With the quarter screen problem I could at least use the remote to simply restart the client. With the current problem I have to find the keyboard...
    Really? Are you 100% sure that there's nothing that you can press on the remote triggers the screen to come on?
    I'm pretty sure - I've tried most of them. I had thought that pressing the "Guide" button would trigger some action, but no. I use a hauppage remote connected to the input on the hauppage tuner card, so I can't use the USB wake up trigger.

What about

Turn monitor/tv on when resuming from standby (Default: on)
    Some videocards and or monitors/televisions will not initiate when the PC wakes from resume. So the computer will resume but the screen stays on standby. Enable this if your TV or monitor will not wake up from standby.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings

I'd thought of that one - but that option is not available under 1.4, see attached screenshot of the startup/resume options. Is that deliberate?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      17.2 KB

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I think we really need comment from @Scythe42 here since I think that option was removed due his rework...

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Restart MediaPortal on resume is removed as an option in 1.4 pre rel.
    I kind of liked having that option, that way MePo is always in home when computer.
    Any other setting that can make MePo "go to home when starting/resuming"?

Ehhh okay, let me explain. I usually watch a little TV before I go to sleep, so I just hit power off on my Harmony 300 remote and it turns off the tv and sleeps the computer. I use the same button to start it, tv pops on and computer resumes from sleep.
    Now when MePo resumes I get the EPG as first window showing in MePo and not the home like MePo show when you actually start MePo.
    Soo...?

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom