[News] MediaPortal 1.4.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (1 Viewer)

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Log of what, install of 1.3final/1.4 or operation of 1.3final/1.4?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have been running 1.3B on all my PCs for a while. When 1.3final came out, I upgraded one PC to final. On that PC, the background image for the Videos section in basic home is missing. Flipping through the sections shows nice vibrant background images for each section except Videos. Figuring it was a bug in the release, I didn't upgrade any of the other PCs.

I've just installed 1.4 to one of the other 1.3 BETA PCs, and found that it now also suffers from the same problem. Why is this image (of the theatre seating) missing from the video section on the main menu in basic home of the default wide skin?

Is there any easy way to get it back?

Thanks
    It is not missing. If you want to see it again, open the settings in GUI, go to Skin settings, and deactivate "Video Fanart on BasicHome" ;)
    No logs needed ;)
    I assume you don´t use Fanart Handler?

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does anyone else have a problem with 1.4 pre release freezing after watching a video? I just get a black screen and go into Task Manager and see that MP isn't responding. Could be something on my end.

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you using the IFC plugin? If so disable it and run a second try....

wietze

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Damwoude
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello i have the same problem. But it happens when i leave fullscreen and then want to stop the movie. I have ifc enabled i try tomorrow without ifc

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is an awesome update - thanks!

The thumbnail generation is now lightning fast - a real improvement.

The other plus for me is that now the scrolling text for things like the infoservice is smooth and steady. This is something that had always annoyed me with previous versions and despite a few posts asking if others had the issue, there seemed to no resolution. I could never find the answer, but can someone tell me if this was a known issue?

A big thumbs up guys! (y)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have been running 1.3B on all my PCs for a while. When 1.3final came out, I upgraded one PC to final. On that PC, the background image for the Videos section in basic home is missing. Flipping through the sections shows nice vibrant background images for each section except Videos. Figuring it was a bug in the release, I didn't upgrade any of the other PCs.

I've just installed 1.4 to one of the other 1.3 BETA PCs, and found that it now also suffers from the same problem. Why is this image (of the theatre seating) missing from the video section on the main menu in basic home of the default wide skin?

Is there any easy way to get it back?

Thanks
    It is not missing. If you want to see it again, open the settings in GUI, go to Skin settings, and deactivate "Video Fanart on BasicHome" ;)
    No logs needed ;)
    I assume you don´t use Fanart Handler?

Actually it is a bug - our default settings connt be such that they require some 3rd party plugins to be installed.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually it is a bug - our default settings connt be such that they require some 3rd party plugins to be installed.
    Yes and no :D
    It does not depend on 3rd party plugin (in this case FanartHandler), bt supports it.
    My fault was that i shipped the skinsettings.xml with this option activated - should be deactivated by default ;)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...but can someone tell me if this was a known issue?
    Yes, it was a known issue - therefore the dev @Guzzi solved it for us ;)

Awesome work. Another thing I have noticed is that when live TV or recordings are in the smaller preview windows it is now smooth and not dropping frames. I can't say it enough, but this is a fantastic update. It's the smaller cosmetic things that really make the difference.

Another donation coming your way shortly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom