[News] MediaPortal 1.4.0 ready for download! (1 Viewer)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited by a moderator:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Please, remove XP from the list of supported OS for 1.4.0. Nothing similar to support unfortunately.
    Honestly I think The will be a month or two till final build and maybe Team can make MP 1.4.0 usable with XP.
    Unfortunately, 1.3.0 is the last MP version for me.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @Edalex : update your Os ;)
    XP support was re-added at the last minute, because nothing was clear, about support of it (in the Team and Users) !!!
    in fact, we have choosed to drop XP now for MP1.5 developpement, we have no more limitation with DirectX/.NET/ ... the better is in the future ....

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please, remove XP from the list of supported OS for 1.4.0. Nothing similar to support unfortunately.
    Honestly I think The will be a month or two till final build and maybe Team can make MP 1.4.0 usable with XP.
    Unfortunately, 1.3.0 is the last MP version for me.
    ? if you are talking about your experience with the pre-release: Yes XP was broken in the pre-release. The team put in a lot of effort to get XP on par with 1.3 at the last minute so we have some time to announce & explain the end of XP support. XP can not be maintained for the team. The reasons (my personal experience):
    1. No Dev runs XP as a real machine (some do have VMware, but that is not the same).
    2. Almost no Testers run XP as a real machine
    3. No Community Testers from XP. The built that broke XP support was available in Area51 for a long time - nobody reported XP as being broken.
    4. It holds back the development a lot.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I want to thank the whole team for this new update and it's steadyness! For the whole team, but i especially want to mention Owlsroost and Tourettes for the major things these two developers have done for video quality and smoothness of Mediaportal 1. This needs another donation. Will do!
    Please follow my example! ;)

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For the whole team, but i especially want to mention Owlsroost and Tourettes for the major things these two developers have done for video quality and smoothness of Mediaportal 1

Thank you for the praise, but I think that everyone on the team deserves a big pat-on-the-back in getting 1.3.0/1.4.0 to the current level of performance and stability (especially Scythe42, Sebastii and elliottmc, plus people like davidf who work away in the background on things like MPAR and BD player, and not forgetting Gibman and mm135200 for their tremendous work on TV Server)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom