Mediaportal 1.4 becomes unresponsive during tv (1 Viewer)

Zeze21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2010
    BY
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey everyone,
    I just updated to 1.4 and now Mediaportal becomes unresponsive - everything was smooth with 1.3 and now with 1.4 when i turn TV on the Remote Control stops working after I switch chanels (only 1 switch). Also the Keyboard does not work anymore after I turn the TV on - as a matter of fact the only thing I can do is CRTL SHIFT ESC to popup the task manager. So it seems that Mediaportal becomes inresponsive during tv...first just the input won't work and after a while mediaportal freezes altogether. I can not reproduce the problem with watchdog it just happens when i start MP normally (please find attached the log files from the ProgramData\team mediaportal\ mediaportal\log). Also no matter how I start mediaportal (normal or watchdog) or end mp (via Taskmanager if I started normal or close it from within mp when i started the watchdog) whenever i go to tv it turns on one particular channel even though i had another running when i closed mp.
    Everytime I have to use the Taskmanager to close Mp the Taskbar dissappears (of if it does not disappear i can however not use it)

Thank you for your time and help.

Ihr könnt mir auch auf Deutsch antworten.
    Danke schonmal

PS: Would it be possible to create a Mediaportal Plugin which updates your profile here (your pc specs and software etc)? I think that something like this would make things a lot easier for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeze21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2010
    BY
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found out what caused the problem with the taskbar - do not use the hide taskbar option!!!
    I'm not questioning the process per se but why was this moved?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found out what caused the problem with the taskbar - do not use the hide taskbar option!!!
    I'm not questioning the process per se but why was this moved?

Hi Zeze21, TNX for reporting back what caused the issue. Now we know where to look for a potential bug ;)

I moved your post because it is 1.4 related, and you posted your thread in the general support section. This section is specific for 1.4 ;)

Zeze21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2010
    BY
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay but the TV problem is still unsolved

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Disable the I.F.C (IntelligentFrameCorrection) plugin - it has compatibility problems with 1.4.0

Also update your other plugins to the latest version.

Last edited:

Zeze21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2010
    BY
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To my knowledge all Plugins are up to date - or am i missing one?

I disabled the IFC and now the tv seems to work. Just a tiny problem remains - i get full sound just the screen stays black - i know black is beautiful but in this case i'd rather have more colors :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please repost logs after trying to reproduce the problem.

Zeze21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2010
    BY
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Apparently all it took was a restart - now with IFC disabled everything works again
    thank you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom