[News] MediaPortal 1.5.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since the MP 1.4 and also in MP 1.5 pre I miss the automaticaly restart of MP after my HTPC wakes up from Standby.

Restart is not needed anymore because of the fast resume that was implemented.

There has been quite a lot of discussion of this, and I suspect it will need to be reimplemented at some point. However, this won't happen for 1.5.0. Too many changes would be needed and there would be a risk of regression.

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Although I uninstalled the previously installed MP 1.4.0 which got the channel number problem after the migration from 1.3.0, again all channels have the channel number 10000. I did not import any settings from earlier installations. Anybody else getting this ?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Although I uninstalled the previously installed MP 1.4.0 which got the channel number problem after the migration from 1.3.0, again all channels have the channel number 10000. I did not import any settings from earlier installations. Anybody else getting this ?

Just to clarify, you did a complete clean install of 1.5.0 Pre Release, and your channels all have number 10000 ?

You'll need to give us a lot more information, tuner type, logs, if you want help.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Although I uninstalled the previously installed MP 1.4.0 which got the channel number problem after the migration from 1.3.0, again all channels have the channel number 10000

I guess that is expected if your provider doesn't support channel numbers. With MP 1.4.0 every channel without channel numbers got 10000. On MP 1.3.0 a channel without channel number info got just a random number.

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Assuming that the MP uninstaller did it's job better than the notorious mySQL uninstaller that is always leaving stuff behind, yes.
    I hope it is ok to post it here. If you want me to open a thread in the bugreport section, i'll do.
    It also refuses to go into standby and I could continue all day, but I don't know if those are bugs or not - one issue at a time.

@Holzi:
    numbering dozens of channels is just a pain - I would have expected that I can somehow number them as I sorted them in their channel group

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    numbering dozens of channels is just a pain - I would have expected that I can somehow number them as I sorted them in their channel group

Why do you need to number them? Just sort them in TVServer Config once and you are done?

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    So I can switch to the channel directly using it's number - that's what they are for I thought.
    edit: just tested it and it works even if they are all number 10000 in the GUI they are numbered correctly. I'm quite sure this did not work in the past, but well, thanks.

Since I already uploaded my logs: can you tell me why it won't go into standby ?
    Although I have scheduled recordings, there is nothing in Power Scheduler Wakeup/Standby Status (TV Server Configuration) - The "Next wakeup time:" entry is empty. I verified: the scheduled recordings are all listed in TV Server Configuration - Schedules. Other text: "Standby is handled by Windows" "Standby prevented by [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer"

Next day on 11:47 the computer was still on, the last recording several hours past while my standby timer is on 5 min. I have not made any changes to windows energy saving settings and standby worked flawless in 1.4.0.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can sort them in TVServer Config via Drag & Drop and then just use the sort number from there.
    See:
    1.png

Example: If you want to switch directly to the channel RTL press channel number '5' on the remote/keyboard.

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Yes, thanks - seems I edited while you posted (see above). But then I don't get what "Channel number" means if not the number you can use to switch to it.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since I already uploaded my logs: can you tell me why it won't go into standby ? Although I have scheduled recordings, there is nothing in Power Scheduler Wakeup/Standby Status (TV Server Configuration) - The "Next wakeup time:" entry is empty. I verified: the scheduled recordings are all listed in TV Server Configuration - Schedules. Other text: "Standby is handled by Windows" "Standby prevented by [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer" Next day on 11:47 the computer was still on, the last recording several hours past while my standby timer is on 5 min. I have not made any changes to windows energy saving settings and standby worked flawless in 1.4.0.

I think it is best to post this in the PS++ thread or start a new thread in our bugreport section.

Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom