[News] MediaPortal 1.5.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But then I don't get what "Channel number" means if not the number you can use to switch to it.

You can also edit the channel number to switch.
    From Wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ges/Config_Related_Changes/TV_channel_numbers

When no LCN is found on the network the value 10000 will be used. In previous versions an auto generated number would be used in this case.

So it depends on your broadcaster if channel numbers are found or not. Are you using DVB-S?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep 10000 is intented when TsWriter didn't find LCN channel.
    So i remember that in TV Client setting we have to play with some options. (Try it and in TVHome it will set 1 2 3 4 etc.)
    Channel_TV_Client.JPG

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    So currently it is ignoring that all channels are numbered the same and just uses the order in the channel group and if I would change at least one channel number it would use those and ignore the order in the channel group - did I get this right ?

Are you using DVB-S?
    Yes - DvB-S2.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

So currently it is ignoring that all channels are numbered the same and just uses the order in the channel group and if I would change at least one channel number it would use those and ignore the order in the channel group - did I get this right ?

Well, as I understand it, it would use the numbers if your broadcaster provided them. Since it doesn't, it either uses a standard number or makes something up.

However, it uses a 'channel index' within the channel group for changing channels, so you can still change channels with the number keys. Did you actually try it?

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Did you actually try it?
    Like I said in #27 I had problems with this in earlier versions, so when I saw 10.000 again, I assumed that I would have to edit all channel numbers manually again like I did in the past but after Holzi told me that sorting them would suffice, I tried it and was delighted that it worked.

I will keep in mind that there is a difference between channel index and channel number.

Last edited:

Malakesher

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can I just quickly point out that on the MePo download page it says 1.5.0 pre-release supports XP. Just thought someone might want to change that to avoid confusion. :)

B

BassFan

please repair this git have allways this error

git.exe clone --progress -v "https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1.git" "D:\MP15\MediaPortal-1"

Cloning into 'D:\MP15\MediaPortal-1'...
    POST git-upload-pack (gzip 10550 to 5250 bytes)
    remote: Counting objects: 390970, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (82347/82347), done.
    fatal: early EOF
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
    fatal: index-pack failed
    error: RPC failed; result=18, HTTP code = 200

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom