[News] MediaPortal 1.6.0 Final ready for download! (1 Viewer)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Post the logs in the support section of the forum?
    Was just preparing for this... but first I did a restart of network and servers. And the problem went away. Now everything works as it should ...
    (So false alarm - ignore my previous message :whistle: )

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a strange problem:
    It takes 3-5 minutes before a video starts playing.

I have the videos on a NAS (Mapped network drive on the MP machine). I have rebooted, re-installed and checked the logs. Nothing ...
    I had no problems on previous MP versions.

If I try to play the videos outside MP, they start immediately ...

Any ideas?

Actually I've had this problem for a long time - after restart of MePo [restart or reboot, same problem], 1st playing takes 2-4 mins, with absolutely nothing in logs to help, but as main client does not restarted that often, a problem I've just lived with:cry:

Today, decided to solve it - found this post <http://serverfault.com/questions/30926/slow-unc-resolution-on-a-win-2008-share> and noticed the reference to ethernet interface settings - turned 'off load engine' off in network adapter hardware properties and solved problem - on two different hosts accessing same NAS [hosts share OS version, but MB and process {Intel & AMD} totally different].

Not sure if there will be any other side effects, but so far.............

TTFN _ JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom