[News] MediaPortal 1.6.0 Final ready for download! (2 Viewers)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you guys! And you are totally on schedule that is really a good job!
And I really like the notification on forum's top, as I almost never look on MP home page but only on forum pages this is a nice improvement.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks A LOT to all of you who contributed to it!
    Fantastic x-mas present, right on time and like foreseen on schedule.
    Like MrCrabs says: well done for the notification.

Wishing everybody a good jump into the new year!
    P.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just updated one pc from 1.5 to 1.6 final. I got to say.. I TRULY love the way the MP extension installer is working. Updating 4-5 plugins just took me 1 minute at most.. VERY user friendly... Good experience!

And ofcourse, great work...

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    What a nice surprise! With greater joy I have just upgraded to 1.6.0. I like the new setup guide (wiki) that determines is a big help for novice users. super realized!

I wish all the dedicated team members and Mediaportal users everything good in the coming year. I appreciate your work!

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    First of all thank you all for another quick release.

I am trying to do a clean install, but I'm getting a message that I need to have .net 3.5. Is this a bug? Do I still need 3.5 if I already have 4.0 installed?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First of all thank you all for another quick release.

I am trying to do a clean install, but I'm getting a message that I need to have .net 3.5. Is this a bug? Do I still need 3.5 if I already have 4.0 installed?

A screenshot might help - it could tell us where the error is coming from, and at which point of the install.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Screenshot (1).png

It is before the main installation windows starts. I am running Wĩndows 8

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    View attachment 141778

It is before the main installation windows starts. I am running Wĩndows 8
    Yes, required. You only need to enable the Windows features.

I notice that the system component requirements state

so this would seem to be incorrect. If we are sure that .net 3.5 is still needed, we should fix this. If .net 3.5 is not needed, we should fix the installer. I guess the problem is plugins built against .net 3.5 ???

Users who are viewing this thread