[News] MediaPortal 1.6.0 Final ready for download! (1 Viewer)

Michael Schleicher

Portal Member
January 23, 2013
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
In MediaPortal, go to:
Settings->Music->Database and select your folders with music, then hit Scan Selected Folders

Or, open Configuration and in the Music Section, you can scan your folders there.
Emph

Is this correct:
MediaPortal Configuration -> Music -> Music Database -> Choose folders in "Scan music folders" -> Update database from selected shares

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    is there a problem with the 'auto update music db on changes in the share' function? I've noticed for a few versions now, ever since version 1.4 i think. If I add new music i have to run the scan DB manually (which is a lot better since the feature is in mepo itself instead of starting the configuration).

But since i never read anything of this, could it be a specific problem to my situation? No need to report a bug and bother you guys.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, the wiki is what had me confused as well:

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal/requirements

States that 1.6 does not need 3.5.

I take it that the wikimis wrong then, so I'll enable 3.5. Thanks for the help.
    My setup runs on .Net 4 only since quite some time without any issue.

I can confirm that with my Win8.1 setup. No additional installations of .NET with MP1.5 and now with MP1.6.
    I'm running Windows 7, i have not 'installed' Framework 3.5 but have it selected in my 'features', this was with a fresh install of MePo 1.6 pre, don't know if i did this because of MePo or another application requesting the feature.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure that this is the right place for this question, but here goes:

The release notes are clear that MySQL 5.6 will only get installed with a clean install of MP1.6

I have upgraded all the way through so am running MP1.6 pre-release on the old database.

Is there a guide to migrate your database from old to new without having to re-populate it with a fresh install?

Users who are viewing this thread