MediaPortal 1.8.0 won't start (1 Viewer)

Hugopeixoto

Portal Member
January 10, 2011
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Unfortunately, everything doesn't start.

If i try the MP configuration APP, it just don't start too

I have the StreamedMP skin

Anybody can help me, please.

Thanks in advance.

Hugopeixoto

Portal Member
January 10, 2011
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Thanks for your help, but i have already tried to do the renaming of MediaPortal.xml.bak to MediaPortal.xml and try starting MediaPortal, but the problem remains...
Any other sugestions??

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That means the backup file is also corrupted. If you have a backup folder then you can try to recover MediaPortal.xml from there. Otherwise, you have to , delete both MediaPortal.xml and MediaPortal.bak and re-enter your configuration with MP configuration.

Hugopeixoto

Portal Member
    January 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I guess i don't have any backup, so i did delete both files and started the configuration.
    I guess everything went fine, but when i run MP, at the end i get the unexpected end of the MP.
    Can you please see the log file for me?
    Thanks again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess everything went fine, but when i run MP, at the end i get the unexpected end of the MP.
    When you say "at the end", do you mean when you close MP?
    There are no errors in the application event log, so I can't see any problem...

Hugopeixoto

Portal Member
    January 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    When you say "at the end", do you mean when you close MP?
    There are no errors in the application event log, so I can't see any problem...

No, when stop loading. Doesn't occur when it is in debug mode, that's why...
    I suspect it is related with the streamedmp skin.
    How can i disable it out of the MP?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, when stop loading. Doesn't occur when it is in debug mode, that's why...
    Okay, so log files with option 1 are no good. Log files with option 2 will leave all plugins enabled so I can see the problem.

Hugopeixoto

Portal Member
    January 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Ok then.
    By the way, it takes a lifetime to start!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks (y)

Logs show your MovingPictures database is corrupted:
    [collapse]
    [2014-11-03 08:11:32,388] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database: movingpictures.db3
    [2014-11-03 08:11:32,575] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2014-11-03 08:11:32,762] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2014-11-03 08:11:32,949] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2014-11-03 08:11:33,137] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:[/collapse]

Please try to follow the instructions here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Repair_SQLite_Database

...for the file c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 (instead of VideoDatabaseV5.db3).

[Note: Windows hides ProgramData by default, so you may need to copy and paste the path into the address bar in Windows Explorer to find the file.]

If the process doesn't work, try to recover the file from backup (if you have one)... or if you don't have a backup, you'll have to delete it.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread