[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (10 Viewers)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am currently testing this on my office client only laptop. So far with a clean x64 folder from the first post, mediaportal.exe from post #95 and my current Data folder, all seems to have run as expected. Nice and snappy and no issues with TV recordings and live playback. I am connecting to a TV server with the advanced option, MultiSeat setup: use UNC paths. I also only use EVR renderer.
    Going forward I will want to use/try, Moving pictures, MPTVseries, Trailers, Online videos, Trakt, Minidisplay (on HTPC), Fanart handler, DVDArt, Latestmedia handler, infoservice, Can do without but will also try BrowsetheWeb, Worldweather and HTPCinfo (only for network drive freespace monitoring).
    If you wish logs, I'm only too happy to help out.
    I'll keep testing.

Oh and OneButtonMusic plugin.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    Just a quick update, I have now copied/overwritten the x86 MP-1 in Program Files (x86)/Team MediaPortal with the x64 version and re-registered the filters, all working great and now I can use the standard shortcuts.
    I can confirm what another post mentioned that switching from full screen to windowed display or vice versa when a video or TV is playing (or paused) results in a unrecoverable black screen, it is not hung, audio continues and stop etc work as does the navigation, (I can hear the tone on each change) but the black screen remains. No problem with Music playing or Pictures.
    I plan to try and install Online Videos, Radio Time, TV Series and Moving Pictures and will let you know how it goes.
    BTW I can now use the D3D11 hardware decoder in conjunction with my AMD GPU [quite a bit more efficient than DXVA2 (copy back)] with the 77.2 LAV and Madvr, the problem with switching TV channels seems to be fixed (in LAV I think).:)
    All we need now is to get MP-1 to connect with TV Mosaic and it will be almost modern.;)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The first client machine works as expected in full screen (Plays TV, Video and Music) with the latest MediaPortal.exe (335674_MediaPortal) all .ax files registered fine.

However MP will not start in windowed mode (see attached files).

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    The second client machine works as expected in full screen (Plays TV, Video and Music) with the latest MediaPortal.exe (335674_MediaPortal) all .ax files registered fine.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    @Pablik Hi!
    I tried to run the x64 version, but immediately got a strange problem with fonts, English letters are visible, no Ukrainian or Russian.
    When you start Video, it goes very slowly, as in slo-mo, slowed down by 10 times.
    Logs in the attachment and a screenshot.

View attachment 211336
    Hi, please try this updated Core.dll. It should be fixed now (at least non English letters).

Attachments

• Core.zip
      1.1 MB
    Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    The third client machine works as expected in full screen (Plays TV, Video and Music) with the latest MediaPortal.exe (335674_MediaPortal) all .ax files registered fine.

So the only machine (PHENOM) that didn't register the .ax files correctly is the only one that was not upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 (clean install) and has the TV server installed.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I restored PHENOM from a system backup i made yesterday before making any changes and reinstalled Lav 64 restarted and copied mediaPortal64 with the latest MediaPortal.exe (335674_MediaPortal) to C:\Program Files and ran the batch file (still not registering the same .ax files) restarted computer again and still no joy.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I restored PHENOM from a system backup i made yesterday before making any changes and reinstalled Lav 64 restarted and copied mediaPortal64 with the latest MediaPortal.exe (335674_MediaPortal) to C:\Program Files and ran the batch file (still not registering the same .ax files) restarted computer again and still no joy.
    There is another option to register filters. Try this app (x64 version):
    GraphStudioNext 0.7.3.2 Free Download - VideoHelp

Graph->Insert Filter then press Register button.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom