MediaPortal 2.1 Final unable to access configuration (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there any other software or device drivers installed for the TV Card?
    Seeing there is no info on hardware, its possible the card has its own TV software that is accessing it.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seeing there is no info on hardware, its possible the card has its own TV software that is accessing it.
    That would block the use of the TV card but should not prevent the config tool from accessing the service.

@Richa99, besides Avast et al interfering, there could also be the firewall that is blocking access to port 31456. You may try to deactivate the Windows firewall - ignore Windows disaster warnings;). Then test again.

Richa99

Portal Member
    May 9, 2017
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You got it. I had AVG running. My excuse is I had stopped disabling it as I had found the few times I forgot when installing it hadn't caused problems. Teach me not to be lazy in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Richa99

Portal Member
    May 9, 2017
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok. Not quite all of it. I disabled the AVG while I did the install and configuration then restarted AVG. However when I tried to go back into Configuration I got the same problem. Disabled AVG did the Config and then reenabled ACG, works as a workaround.

I see your comments re hardware. I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2210

I'm guessing you might be right re firewall from the sound of things. Got to go to my day job so I'll investigate further and post back tonight.

Thanks again.

Richa99

Portal Member
    May 9, 2017
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Much bigger problems than first thought.

It will not play TV or record TV. I can playback TV I had recorded before upgrade. I turned off AVG but still nothing.

Going into configuration although I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2210 installed, and it still works through WinTV 8, MP2.1 says it's a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-7164. If I go to Configuration> TV Servers> Owner-PC> DVB-T Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner and click Scan for channels it doesn't find anything even though the country "New Zealand" and Region Provider "Waiatarua" are correct. Some of the tp's come up "No Signal", others come up "Nothing Found".

Somewhere in the wiki I thought I saw setup information for 2.1 but now searching the help can only find 2. Not sure if there is any difference.

Have attached logs

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Much bigger problems than first thought.

It will not play TV or record TV. I can playback TV I had recorded before upgrade. I turned off AVG but still nothing.

Going into configuration although I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2210 installed, and it still works through WinTV 8, MP2.1 says it's a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-7164. If I go to Configuration> TV Servers> Owner-PC> DVB-T Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner and click Scan for channels it doesn't find anything even though the country "New Zealand" and Region Provider "Waiatarua" are correct. Some of the tp's come up "No Signal", others come up "Nothing Found".

Somewhere in the wiki I thought I saw setup information for 2.1 but now searching the help can only find 2. Not sure if there is any difference.

Have attached logs
    I have also a Hauppauge (5500) and had issues with the original Software in combination with MP2.1.
    If you wish I could check it by a TeamViewer session, just PM me with your ID.
    Did you download the latest drivers for your TVcard? Are you using diseqc and, if yes, what kind of?

Richa99

Portal Member
    May 9, 2017
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I appreciate the offer but call me paranoid I don't allow anybody to remote onto my PC's.

I ended up uninstalling MP2.1 and reinstalling MP2.and everything's back to normal.

Manumiter

Portal Member
    May 10, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hmmmm This thread is very similar to problems I am having, very same error page for instance, but there does not seem to be any solution found in this thread other than the prior post that was not clear what was reinstalled due to an apparent typo ......

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Manumiter,

The described issues were due to the virus scanner AVG. If you are also running a anti-virus solution, try to disable it and test f you then can access the configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom