MediaPortal 2.1 Final unable to access configuration (1 Viewer)

Manumiter

Portal Member
May 10, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@Manumiter,

The described issues were due to the virus scanner AVG. If you are also running a anti-virus solution, try to disable it and test f you then can access the configuration.

Thank you for the assistance. Perhaps you could look over thread "TV Configuration Always Crashes on Channel Search - New Win10 and MP2 Install" that I posted yesterday. I did not quite get out of Richa99's posts that the conclusion was all due to a virus checker. Besides, I am working with a fresh Win10 install on a started out scrubbed hard drive with no third party virus checker installed on it. So are we saying MP cannot deal with Microsoft Win10 default firewall and virus checker that installs with a fresh install of the O.S.?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps you could look over thread "TV Configuration Always Crashes on Channel Search - New Win10 and MP2 Install" that I posted yesterday.
    OK, I've read your postings there. Looks like issues of the TV Engine in connection with Hauppauge cards. I recall some recent discussions where @mm1352000 posted around the Hauppauge topic. Not sure though if that led to a resolution. Discussions should continue there though.

So are we saying MP cannot deal with Microsoft Win10 default firewall and virus checker that installs with a fresh install of the O.S.?
    MP has no general problem in coexisting with virus scanners, for sure not with MS Defender that comes with Win 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom