[solved] MediaPortal 2.1 GUI incredibly slow Performance (3 Viewers)

mx-5driver

Portal Member
May 13, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ge2301
@morpheus_xx

I will definitely give it a Try and let you know about the Results.

Hello Folks,

as promised I was testing that Antialiasing Option before I upgraded Mediaportal to the latest Version 2.1.1.
Unfortunately there was not any Difference at all - so this did not help.
Meanwhile that Option should be gone anyway in Version 2.1.1 as far as I understood from previous Posts here.

After the Upgrade to Version 2.1.1. though I had a very short Phase where MP was performing absolutely nice without a Reason - at least I have no Idea what caused the good Performance back that Time all of a sudden ?.
I did not change anything at all, shutting down the Systeam after enjoying an Evening with nice Performing MP2 watching TV & Movies.
The next Day I switched it on again & the poor Performance was back again.

Meanwhile I am totally lost - running out of Ideas to narrow down the Root Cause of the Problem.
Almost desperate enough to look after Alternatives for MP2.
I am IT Technician so not really a Newbie on that kind of Matters, but really at a Point of being lost now.

Possibly one of you Experts out there could offer a short Remote-Check-Session via TeamViewer or so to possibly Check Things I did not think of etc.?

mx-5driver

Portal Member
May 13, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Guys,

seems I nailed down the Root Cause of the slow GUI and Video- / Live-TV Performance:

I tried to disable the GDATA Internet Security Suite - all Components at once as well as in serial Order each Service one by one.
Result: No real Change - using this Method to get down to the Root Cause was not successful.

However after complete Uninstallation of the GDATA Internet Security Suite - voila - the Mediaportal behaves smooth and normal as expected.

FYI
I have opened a corresponding Ticket towards GDATA in order to investigate that Issue & hopefully resolve it.

Possibly this Information is also valuable and important for you Experts and MP2 Developers out there ?

In either Case I thought I should post this News here to make you aware of that Issue and possibly help others that may run into the same Issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom