[solved] MediaPortal 2.1 GUI incredibly slow Performance (1 Viewer)

mx-5driver

Portal Member
May 13, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Folks,

after a rather longer Period of Silence I did some further Attempts of resolving the Problem.

Activities done:
I disabled the Intel Graphics Iterface which is built in into the Intel Core i5 CPU.
Replaced it with a dedicated NVIDIA 1030 Graphics Interface Card.& uninstalled the Intel Graphics Driver you Guys were having in suspect of Root Cause.

Result:
The GUI is slightly faster.
However Channel Switches / switching on Live-TV is incredibly slow compared to the previous MediaPortal 2.0 Installation.

Question:
Could it be that there is kind of a Incompatibility with MediaPortal 2.1 and the TV-DVBS2 Interface Card ?
Digital Devices DuoFlex S2

Additionally I noticed that Channel-Jumping via Up- / .-down on the Remote works much better than switching back to EPG and selecting another Choice there ?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One last try. It comes to my mind, because it solved the performance issue of another user lately.
    Can you please check, if you have Antialiasing activated in the settings? It should be deactivated, because causing performance issues and graphic errors and will be removed in next version.

mx-5driver

Portal Member
    May 13, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301

Thanks for your quick Response.
    Can you please guide me on where exactly you mean to find this Setting ?

Is there already known when the next Version of MediaPortal is going to be released ?
    Of Course there is no fixed Date yet, but possibly a roughly Planning ?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm at work, possibly somebody else can tell you the exact location. I just know it's somewhere under "appearance" :) But there not too many options, so you can also scroll through all options.
    Regarding next release I can not say too much. It's for sure not in 1-2 weeks, but it won't take more than 3 month. I hope that's in correspondence with @HTPCSourcer :whistle:

mx-5driver

Portal Member
    May 13, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301

Thanks very much for that Hint - guess that should help enough to find / identify the right Location to switch the Setting.
    I am going to give it a Try and report the Results here then.

mx-5driver

Portal Member
    May 13, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Folks,

seems I made some Progress with fixing the Issue.
    Beside deactivating the integradet Intel Graphics uninstalling its Driver & implementing a dedicated NVidia 1030 istead I did a Number of other Changes.

Installed Shark007 Advanced Codecs Package.(I can provide its detailed Settings if anyone is interested)
    Changed Codecs to use LAV in MP2.1 Settings
    Switched ON Antialiasing to 8 Samples Setting

I have no Idea whether this Success will be permenent, but at least yesterday after those Changes all of a sudden MP2.1 started to behave normal as I was used to see it with previous Version MP2.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I strongly recommend disabling the Multisampling Antialiasing. It is known to cause performance and video playback issues on some systems. For future versions we removed the setting already.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd also recommend to switch it off. I can't believe, that performance is better with 8x AA. If it's ok with that setting you solved the problem somehow else and it should be even better performance by deactivating AA.
    Can you please check, if you have Antialiasing activated in the settings? It should be deactivated, because causing performance issues and graphic errors and will be removed in next version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom