MediaPortal 2 - 10AE - Update 1 test builds (Updated 2014-07-09) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Are there any more testing results of recent build? Do the new channel logos work for you? Is the browsing speed of MediaItems better or worse than before?
    Finally got it installed. Channel Logos seems to work fine here, got 16x9 logos for (nearly) all channels.
    The reported focus issue seems to be gone finally, great!

The problem with wrong language covers still exists, got a dozen Cyrillic, nearly the same amount of French and Swedish covers but I'm missing some German ones also I know there are German language covers available on TVDB.
    The speed I can not compare. The difference between my old and my new system regarding speed are too gigantic. It's a lot faster, but I can't tell if it's the PC or the program or both.

The new usage of local gfx can be optimized, I think.
    I was hoping to get a view similar to this:
    screen-12-jpg.120642

but what I got is this:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Only a lot of wastred space and a really tiny area with informations... The 1920x1080 px backdrop for this video (which is not listed on any online database and for this no metadata is available) is used as thumbnail. The gfx has exact the same name as the video file itself. Not what I've expected...The backdrop is meant to help identify what's this video is all about. This did not work if the gfx is displayed so small. But it's a first step in right direction...

And I encountered an issue with the UPNP part. When you have added a (some) line(s) to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to e.g. block some unwanted domains like doubleclick.net (one of the nastiest advertising domains) the MP2 server uses the first line in the hosts file as it's own domain name. And for that it isn't accessible from somewhere else in the home network... If you have set doubleclick.net to 127.0.0.1 in hosts the MP2 Server names itself "doubleclick.net"...

I don't believe this is a wanted and expected behaviour. Tried to add localhost and the real PC name as first line in hosts, but this only changes the displayed name of the MP2 server. It's still not accessible from another PC in the network. Only with an empty hosts the MP2 server is visible and usable in the network neighbourhood. On local system the Server can be used with a filled hosts file, but that's not the sense of an server, I think...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you have set doubleclick.net to 127.0.0.1 in hosts the MP2 Server names itself "doubleclick.net"...
    Is this limited to within MP2 or network wide for that MP2 machine?

Currently I have the following in my Bugsbunny Server/Client and do not have issues
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

Currently if I do ping -a localhost it responds with Bugsbunny at ::1::

When I get home I will add a doulbeclick.net to 127.0.0.1 and see what the results are...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    limited to within MP2
    Jep. any other things are working.
    as default this:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    is deactivated by a # in front of the line as localhost is handled automatically by DNS...
    this is how a default WIndows7 hosts file is looking:
    # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you add this you'll be able to connect a MP2 client on Bugsbunny to the MP2 Server on Bugsbunny, but you can't connect a client on DuffyDuck to a Server running on Bugsbunny....

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi.
    If you add this you'll be able to connect a MP2 client on Bugsbunny to the MP2 Server on Bugsbunny, but you can't connect a client on DuffyDuck to a Server running on Bugsbunny....
    I will test this today when I get home from work.... Interesting...
    On each of my systems I have the # sign removed so as to force the 2 localhosts.
    hmmmmm

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Well I decided to do it remotely because I wanted to test this....
    I configured the Server Client name to Bugsbunny Client
    I configured my Client Only to Sylvester Client
    Verified all worked between them

I changed to the host file to include 127.0.0.1 Doubleclick.net (file included)
    Reboot Bugsbunny. Opened the ServiceMonitor window
    Started MP2 on Sylvester
    (Any idea on why it cuts off the client names? maybe another time)
    ServiceMonitor.jpg

Sylvester did connect to Bugsbunny and was able to list the Movies
    Reboot time for Bugsbunny in the server log is
    [2014-07-23 13:18:38,825] [70 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Launching in AppDomain MP2-Server.exe...

I am also including Sylvesters Client log
    Client log is Bugsbunnys Client

Unless I missed something, adding Doubleclick.net to my host file created no side affects. If I did miss something, tell me so I can correct it
    Hope this helps

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new usage of local gfx can be optimized, I think.
    I just checked the code again, take a look here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...e2c7#diff-f9ebe683aae5181ac808e06996b3385fR92

In principle it means, that {VIDEONAME}.JPG is treated as cover, not as backdrop. How should we handle this best? Add a settings with the expressions? But for your case you would loose posters for movies. I think it might be even an option to rename backdrops accordingly

The problem with wrong language covers still exists, got a dozen Cyrillic, nearly the same amount of French and Swedish covers but I'm missing some German ones also I know there are German language covers available on TVDB.
    Hmm, you are right: I already added some more logic to series: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ors/OnlineLibraries/SeriesTvDbMatcher.cs#L376. Logic: try preferred language, if 1 found exit. Else try (if allowed "neutral") then "universal".

In contrast to movies: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...nlineLibraries/MovieTheMovieDbMatcher.cs#L360. Here it allows "empty" languages, that's where the most conflicts come from. I'll put it on TODO list :)

And I encountered an issue with the UPNP part. When you have added a (some) line(s) to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to e.g. block some unwanted domains like doubleclick.net (one of the nastiest advertising domains) the MP2 server uses the first line in the hosts file as it's own domain name. And for that it isn't accessible from somewhere else in the home network... If you have set doubleclick.net to 127.0.0.1 in hosts the MP2 Server names itself "doubleclick.net"...
    This is not a bug, this is Windows. Every entry inside hosts file will be preferred for name lookups (even reverse, looking from IP to name). So if you modify this file, keep the real defaults on top.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    In principle it means, that {VIDEONAME}.JPG is treated as cover, not as backdrop. How should we handle this best? Add a settings with the expressions? But for your case you would loose posters for movies. I think it might be even an option to rename backdrops accordingly
    videoname.jpg is used as backdrop in other applications, e.G. in MP1 (with some skins like aMPed...)

And we need to separate three types of video files, depending on the type of the share there are in. For all those videos without online metadata [documentary, private videos,...) normally there is no cover. I can create one using a 1x2 grid of thumbs, but I prefer a 2x2 grid and use it as backdrop. Perfect would be if MP2 generates them automatically if no backdrop is found anywhere else... Such videos normally organised by "multiple videos - one folder" so fixed filenames are not a useful solution.

For movies with online metadata I always have an "One Movie - One Folder" solution with folder.jpg as poster and fanart,jpg as backdrop.
    On TVSeries the naming is different again. here there is a fanart.jpg, a poster.jpg and a banner.jpg in the root directory of every series and a videoname-thumb,jpg next to every episode inside the season folders... These two are XBMC default- modus and also used by tMM and nearly any other program...

A setting to adjust it for everyones needs would be great but also can rename (I think I will recreate the backdrops instead, would be easier).

This is not a bug, this is Windows
    But why is the MP2 Server not available on any other PC in the network, if the hosts file is not empty? You can only connect a netwwork client if the hosts has not a single entry. If there is any, the MP2 Server never appears in Network neighbourhood. I did not ecounter this earlier as I never used the Server machine for Web browsing before. But the new one is used for everything...

BTW in meantime I have imported all my 18.000 series episodes again. Not a single false identify, really great job! With earlier versions there often were files (also they are tagged MKV) identified as belonging to "series" "season 3" or "Staffel 01" or somthing like that. This time there was a 100% correct identification...(y)
    I also imported some movies. They are also identified 100% correct, but a lot of fanart is missing. As I'm 100% sure there is at least one poster and one backdrop for every movie and every collection I own on TheMovieDB (as I have uploaded all missing gfx over the last weeks) I don't understand the reason why they are missing...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Here are some screenshots how the files are organized and named.
    Movies with online Metadata:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

TVSeries "root" folder:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

TVSeries Season Folder:
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

And last but not least, videos without any online metadata sources:
    Zwischenablage-5.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom