MediaPortal 2 Alpha 1 Summer Release - it's getting hot! (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Summer is getting hot - MP2 Alpha 1 Summer Release is there !
    The development of MediaPortal 2 made a good progress! On our way to the 2nd Alpha Release we created many new features, made important changes, added localization and much more. A big "thank you" to all who helped to achieve this!​
    With so many changes we thought it would be a good time to release an interim build for users to test. We like to get a much feedback as possible about this build, to help build a very good 2nd Alpha!​
    Main new features overview:
    • New inbuilt Series/Movies feature!
    • Centralized fanart support, distributed by MP2-Server using UPnP!
    • Localization in many different languages, thanks to all translators @ transifex!
    • New features for VideoPlayer (i.e. chapters and titles support)
    • Many bugfixes, enhancements and usability improvements
    • Improvements on Reflexion and default skin
    Important changes:
    • Complete switch to .net4 framework
    • SlimTv: Tv4HomeProvider is now unsupported and got removed. It's replaced by MpExtendedProvider which has much more features
    Some words about...

Series and Movies feature

MP2 is now able to detect Series episodes and Movies from different sources:
    • Reading title, production year, season number, episode number, episode title from MP1 TvServer recording's .xml file
    • Reading title, production year, season number, episode number, episode title from matroska tags
    • Extracting season number, episode number, episode title from folder/file names (using regular expressions)
    • Online lookup
      • for Series from TheTvDB.com, downloading of cover, poster, fanart
      • for Movies from TheMovieDB.org, downloading of cover, poster, fanart
      • download of information in language based on the MP2 language setting(!)
    There are already more features planned, like:
    • supporting more online sources,
    • adding online lookup for Music/Artists,
    • making list of regular expressions for series lookup user extensible
    • better language selection for downloading online information, based on audio streams of video...
    You can see some screenshots and the development history of this feature in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...pport-for-mp2-medialibrary-2012-07-01.106960/. Enjoy!

Localization

With moving to the online translation platform Transifex (https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/MP2/) we received a great support by many volunteers. Translations were done for many languages in quite a short time. Thank you all!

With so many new languages supported, this will probably bring more requirements to our SkinEngine (like right-to-left support) and to the chosen fonts in skin, because they need to contain much more unicode characters than before.

So if you don't see all texts in your language yet, please test different Skins (Default, Rising Skin, Reflexion), or change back the MP2 regional setting to "English".

Further information & support

If you are looking for further information please check out MediaPortal 2 wiki first. We are heavily working to improve it.
    If you don't find an answer there create a new thread in MediaPortal 2 forums.
    If you found a bug, please check Mantis & bug report forums first. If it has not been reported already, create a new thread.

Requirements
    Before installing MediaPortal 2, you need to make sure all requirements are installed.

Detailed list of changes from mantis:
    - 0003858: [General] Synchronise the OS requirements within dokan installer and MP2 (chefkoch) - resolved.
    - 0003880: [skinengine] Update SlimDx assembly to January 2012 (morpheus_xx) - closed.
    - 0003891: [General] Update all MP2 projects to .NET framework 4 (morpheus_xx) - closed.
    - 0003912: [skinengine] Disabled controls prevent moving focus with keyboard (Albert78) - closed.
    - 0003821: [Videos] Add title and chapter support to VideoPlayer (morpheus_xx) - closed.
    - 0003812: [General] Database size limit reached, connection string "max database size" is never used (Albert78) - closed.
    - 0003844: [skinengine] Default fonts have serious issues with unicode characters (morpheus_xx) - closed.
    - 0003814: [Videos] Video skip steps not consistent (morpheus_xx) - closed.
    - 0003820: [General] Extend Metadata definitions and skin support (morpheus_xx) - closed.
    - 0003845: [General] Starting MP2-Server using parameter -d, still creates files in ProgramData directory (morpheus_xx) - closed.
    - 0003841: [General] MP-Client crashes when an invalid language file was found (morpheus_xx) - closed.
    - 0003815: [General] Setup does not grant the "Everyone" group to fullcontrol access on the folder ProgramData\Team Mediaportal (chefkoch) - closed.
    - 0003834: [General] Dokan opens an explorer window at the end of the installation (chefkoch) - closed.
    - 0003822: [skinengine] Implement Effects support in SkinEngine (morpheus_xx) - closed.

Last edited:

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    First of all, a huge thanks for all the hard work and sharing it with us to play with.

A small correction:
    It should be TheMovieDB.org not TheMovieDB.com ;)

AlexanderIanHall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2011
    Installed on HTPC-01 (Client/Server) and HTPC-02 (Client). Just re-importing my media. May be worth including a link to the correct .NET 4 distribution since Windows 7 by default only installs the Client distribution rather than the full distribution.

More feedback to follow

thanks

Alex

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks and feels very nice. A few things though.

- I added a Series and a Movie share, and i can tell that mp2 is importing (going in Series, back out and go back in), but i cant see any indicator that it is still importing. That would be nice for the future (using reflex skin)

- MP2 started importing my series, however some of them are not recognised, mainly because the file names are like abc-the-unit, or TNG (for star trek the next gen). Is there a way at this point to tell mp2 which series it is, so it can start importing the right infos?

- I like all my series and movies use the english names. However, lots of series were imported with their german name, The Simpsons is imported as Die Simpsons. Same with episode names. Any chance for me to change that?

Thats what i found so far. Thanks again for the great work =).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom