MediaPortal 2 Alpha 1 Summer Release - it's getting hot! (2 Viewers)

wauzi

Portal Member
March 6, 2010
Autostadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm not planed to update to WIN7.
I want to get WIN8

What is with MP2?
Can I use it with WIN8?

Thanks and regards
Dominik

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not planed to update to WIN7.
    I want to get WIN8

What is with MP2?
    Can I use it with WIN8?

Thanks and regards
    Dominik
    Because we do not officially support Win8, yet and MP2 is still in alpha state, do not expect that it runs without issues.

But it should be possible to install MP2 on Windows 8 and we are happy to get feedback.

Last edited:

wauzi

Portal Member
    March 6, 2010
    Autostadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK - I'm said i plan to test W8.
    Not now but in a few weeks or month.

I'am only ask for possibility or if anyone had test it.

When I have set up my test computer I will give you an feedback.

Last edited:

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So. I have now tested the release. It's working really smoothly. The imports of my data worked great. Is there already a nfo support, haven't tested this yet?

The only bug I found was the following windows error message that the software doesn't work anymore when closing mp2 client OR server.
    mp2error.PNG

I really like the decision to split the video data in different categories. Could this be extended easily? I would love something like:

Videos:
    - Movies
    - Series
    - Documentations
    - Music Videos
    - Home videos (of my family and so on)

And the same for Audio:
    - Music
    - Audio book
    - Podcasts

Is this doable?

Another Feature Request would be a, let's call, multi folder functionality. This functionality would put multiple folders together to one folder, similar to the windows libraries. (Perhaps windows libraries could also be used instead). Let's say you have 3 hard disc drives in your server and on every server are folder of same type, i.e. d:/movie e:/movie f:/movie. It would be really cool to have ONE folder in the MP2 Server which shows the content of ALL three MOVIE folders.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really like the decision to split the video data in different categories. Could this be extended easily? I would love something like:

Videos:
    - Movies
    - Series
    - Documentations
    - Music Videos
    - Home videos (of my family and so on)

And the same for Audio:
    - Music
    - Audio book
    - Podcasts

Is this doable?
    It is! :)
    MP2 has been designed exactly to easily support this way of handling media.
    We are not sure, yet at which time each type might be supported.

In MP2 everything is a plugin. So even the community could extend the media sub types easily. Audio books for example, don't need a complete new audio player or tag reader, because those are already included.
    But the audio book related metadata need to be displayed in a different way, and resume on play (and many other things) should be default for those media i.e.

Another Feature Request would be a, let's call, multi folder functionality. This functionality would put multiple folders together to one folder, similar to the windows libraries. (Perhaps windows libraries could also be used instead). Let's say you have 3 hard disc drives in your server and on every server are folder of same type, i.e. d:/movie e:/movie f:/movie. It would be really cool to have ONE folder in the MP2 Server which shows the content of ALL three MOVIE folders.
    You are able to add multiple shares of the same type. Going to Movies in homescreen then brings you to the movies area, where all those shares are merged. So you don't see each share, only the merged content.

AlexanderIanHall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2011
    I'm now getting application crashes on both HTPC-01 and 02 when I close the application since installing Alpha Summer. I'll investigate a little more and post info tomorrow. note: I didn't get crashes on existing the Alpha or the Easter builds. This seems to be similar to the issue posted by hafblade a couple of posts earlier in this thread.

Alex

Last edited:

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I thought I saw somewhere that MP2 includes support for Online videos? Is this true. I haven't found it in the interface.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - I added a Series and a Movie share, and i can tell that mp2 is importing (going in Series, back out and go back in), but i cant see any indicator that it is still importing. That would be nice for the future (using reflex skin)
    There is a "shares overview screen" that is showing, which share is currently imported. But we do not have a real progress indicator yet. If you follow the server.log, progress is logged. We need to expose this progress to client.

- MP2 started importing my series, however some of them are not recognised, mainly because the file names are like abc-the-unit, or TNG (for star trek the next gen). Is there a way at this point to tell mp2 which series it is, so it can start importing the right infos?
    It's on my todo-list to allow manual mapping of series. I think it will be included in Alpha2 :) Maybe I'll add some kind of alias list like TNG = Star Trek The Next Generation, so you only define this once and can use it for all further occurences.

- I like all my series and movies use the english names. However, lots of series were imported with their german name, The Simpsons is imported as Die Simpsons. Same with episode names. Any chance for me to change that?
    I planned to improve the online lookup by interpreting the file's language: currently I prefer the local setting of MP2 (i.e. "de"). I could extend this to check the video languages:
    • file has "en" -> download "en" title / description
    • file has "de", "en" -> prefer the "de" information, because it's MP2 default language
    • file has unknown audio language -> prefer "de" (MP2 default)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom