MediaPortal 2 Alpha 1 Summer Release - it's getting hot! (2 Viewers)

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    - MP2 started importing my series, however some of them are not recognised, mainly because the file names are like abc-the-unit, or TNG (for star trek the next gen). Is there a way at this point to tell mp2 which series it is, so it can start importing the right infos?
    It's on my todo-list to allow manual mapping of series. I think it will be included in Alpha2 :) Maybe I'll add some kind of alias list like TNG = Star Trek The Next Generation, so you only define this once and can use it for all further occurences.
    I think you should introduce (optional of course) a new nfo/xml like file for series folders which should include thetvdb id along with ordering type for each season (air order, dvd order, etc.). This way clean installations would be much faster if needed also ;) And maybe provide a tool for this for migrating from MP1+MPTVSeries to MP2, which would create these files by using the MPTVSeries DB...
    What do you say? ;)

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This doesn't has to be invented. It all exists. There are definitions of many kinds of data on the xbmc.org wiki. Xbmc invented these nfo formats for movies series music music videos etc. For me its the best possibility for holding the data for ever. And with ember media manager you can create movie and series nfo with scrabing easily.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    id like to see this .. some redundancy for when i need to uninstall and reinstall ... its a pain in the neck having to scan all again

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe someone would like to pick this task to develop a new MetadataExtractor for reading xbmc style .nfo files? It's not so hard, the Tve3RecordingMDE can be taken as template :)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to see it as a configurable setting. no matter what the file language is or if I am testing mp2 in German or English, the meta data should be always German for example.

i agree. i was thinking something similar to xbmc (blasphemy i know ;P). You add your share, then pick which kind of content is in there, like you do now, and after that you can define which scraper to use, which language the meta data should have and so on. :)

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Must say i like very much the direction of this, and a big, big thanks to the developers.
    I have just installed it and started testing it. When i add a folder and tell's MP2 that it contains movies, not any movies shows up when i in the home screen click on movies "<No items to display>" is what i get. TV-Series works.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is there an up to date guide on how to set up TV in this new version?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you have an older version of MP2, uninstall it before you install this summer release.

Quick tips for MP2 TV NOT updated in the in the Wiki *yet* : http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/MediaPortal_2_Alpha_Release/3_Additional_Plugins

It uses the Mp1 TV Server (there is no MP2 TV Server), the MP2 Server manages your media files only.
    .NET 4 web installer - get it and install it - http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17851
    Download and install MPExtended 0.43 - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/updated-27-mar-mpextended-service-0-4-3.103873/

Inside MP2, go to settings-> plugins-> TV, the default location is set to localhost (this pc), or if you use it over a network type in the IP address of the PC running MP1 TV Server. Put in the username/password as admin/admin. You can find this in the authentication section of MPExtended.

If you are using MP2 over a network, you need to manually go into Windows Firewall and add port 4322 TCP (private) on the PC running MP1 TV Server. The port number which MPExtended will use is configurable if you want to change it, but if you do, you also need to open that poort in your firewall on the PC running MP1 TV Server.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom