MediaPortal 2 Easter Build with many surprises :) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all MP2 fellows,

nearly exactly one month after the first Alpha Release of MediaPortal 2 it is time to share a new build with our great community here :D

It comes along with many new features and some bugfixes since Alpha 1.

This build combines following branches:

Please read this carefully, before you download this build:
    All Effects related changes you can only find in default skin; they are very experimental!

The improved SlimTv guide is best supported inside Reflexion skin. The download includes the MPExtended provider to watch Tv (see slimtv plugin thread for details).

The Metadata branch brings audio cover support, series support and some skin improvements (like showing cover/thumb inside player controls or fullscreen visualization). Attention: the extended metadata is only available after a new import of the related shares. You need to delete them and then add them again. Sorry for this inconvenience.

How to use:
    Download the archives, extract them to any folder. Run MP2-Server, run MP2-Client, enjoy :D

Let us know your findings, might they be good or bad ;)

Happy Easter!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great news! To bad every feature/impovement isn't implemented in one skin. (Which Ofc should be Reflexion ;-) )

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is mainly because the development was done in a different branch. And when the Effects feature is ready for real use, I think we will put some of them into Reflexion as well :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did no one test this build yet? No feedback?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Eastern.... And nice weather... Just got back home.... Will test as soon as I can... Hopefully more will see this thread.... Annoncement would help.... :)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just got a chance to try this out. The Series feature gets me really close to just using this. I personally prefer a lot more fanart, but this is just an alpha without much third party love. I still need to figure out how to get the imports to refresh automatically so that I can delete watched files outside of MP. Finally I need to spend some time getting my remote to do more of the navigation like page up/down. I'm really excited about this.

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    This is my first test with MP 2. It looks really good.

I did setup a new server as my future TV-Server. I installed MP1 TV-Server and MP extended and with your easterbuild (server&client), I can watch already TV. Thanks for that.

When I try to also watch TV on an older ION-Client with the MP2 Client, I can connect to the MP2-Server, but I can not watch TV. I have disabled Firewall on both PC's, so I do not think it is a connectivity Problem.
    I tried to configure the SlimTV Connection to the server-name and to the Server-IP, but I do not get the channels, just an empty page, when I start Slim TV.

Somewhere I must have done something wrong.

Thanks

Bruno

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Still trying to import some media....

1 minor thing which doesn't work for me is the date. It shows "DD.04.YYYY". It is a german windows7 installation with german regional settings, nothing special I should think.

tomtom

Edit: Sorry, can't test much. can't manage to import about 150 episodes of 10 series. Neither reimport of music. I left it alone for 2 hours now. nothing. Where are the logs located? Can't find them on my system atm.

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    When I try to also watch TV on an older ION-Client with the MP2 Client, I can connect to the MP2-Server, but I can not watch TV. I have disabled Firewall on both PC's, so I do not think it is a connectivity Problem.
    I tried to configure the SlimTV Connection to the server-name and to the Server-IP, but I do not get the channels, just an empty page, when I start Slim TV.

Somewhere I must have done something wrong.

Thanks

Bruno

I think it was a password problem (or maybe my password was too long). Since I changed to "no authenfication" in mp extended, it works also from remote.
    This client had problems (dropped frames) with MP1 and live TV, and I was interested to see, whether it is better with Slim-TV, but from my first tests, I think the requirments for clients are probably about the same. It is time to also get a new client.

I am really impressed how good the new MP2 looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom