MediaPortal 2 Easter Build with many surprises :) (1 Viewer)

Earl27

May 18, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I found the original alpha install on source forge and installed it, then copied over those files with the easter build. As for the shares, I was using network resources and it would only see the server not the shared folders. What happend was the account I was logged on to mediaportal with did not have access to the shares. I joined the media server to a domain and logged in with an account that had access to the shares and they appeared. Would be good if we had the ability to provide credentials when configuring network shares.

I am not sure what your mean about the tv tuning in mediaportal2, are you saying on my mediaportal2 computer to also install mediaportal 1 and configure tv tuning with mediaportal1? How do I get mediaportal2 to point to the mediaportal 1 computer? Or will the mediaportal 2 client connect to the tv tuner on media portal 1? CAn I have mediaportal 1 installed on the same computer as mediaportal 2?

Also, I am having an issue playing m4v files after connecting to my shares. I saw in other post others having that problem in mediaportal 1 but they could change a setting to allow m4v files extensions. Is that available in mediaportal2 yet?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good that you solve your share's issue.

I am not sure what your mean about the tv tuning in mediaportal2, are you saying on my mediaportal2 computer to also install mediaportal 1 and configure tv tuning with mediaportal1? How do I get mediaportal2 to point to the mediaportal 1 computer? Or will the mediaportal 2 client connect to the tv tuner on media portal 1? CAn I have mediaportal 1 installed on the same computer as mediaportal 2?
    Sorry I am not using TV at all, but take a look at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...p2-incl-pip-support-update-19-03-2012.106231/ , there might be answers to tome of your questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom