MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-04-03) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Important notes:
    These development snapshots of MediaPortal 2 are compiled automatically. They are not pre-tested, so please take a backup from time to time. If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available. If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully tested releases.​
    What's contained:
    Full product installer
    Additional plugins to allow easy testing of new features
    Automatic error reporting:​
    • OneTrueError is contained and enabled. See our ::Blog:: for details. If you don't like to run this plugin, delete the "1TrueError" folder after installation from MP2-Client\Plugins and MP2-Server\Plugins.
    What's not contained:
    • OnlineVideos plugin is not developed under main MediaPortal repository and is only contained in "big" public releases. If you like to use it with this snapshot, restore the MP2-Client\Plugins\OnlineVideos folder from your backup after installation.
    Report Issues / Bugs:
    1. Before you start a bugreport, make sure that you system meets the ::Requirements::
    2. After you checked the requirements, take a look at our ::Bugtracker::, to find out if your issue has already been reported.
    3. If the problem is not known yet, please have a look at the correct Bugreport forum.
      • Issues with MediaPortal have to be reported in the MediaPortal 2 Bugreport forums. Make sure you follow the Guideline, or the thread will be deleted.
    Change log:
    How to install MediaPortal 2 development snapshots in short:
    1. If you have installed MediaPortal 2 already, it's recommended to make a backup of your installed version and configuration
    2. Run the installer
    3. Hopefully enjoy the new version
    4. If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

TV Support
    Starting with February 2015 we offer different installers for TV support. Please check our extended wiki page for details!

TV supportStatusDownload link
    NativeTV 3Stablehttp://tinyurl.com/kwbma2l
    NativeTV 3.5Pre-Alphahttp://tinyurl.com/o3efduj
    MPExtendedRequires MP1 TvServer+MPExtendedhttp://tinyurl.com/pyvdpcb

Last edited by a moderator:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This release is our special Easter gift for our users :D

It contains a lot of new features, but also breaking changes. So please read the next important points:
    1. Network access by MP2-Server has been improved and is now much more reliable. Due to internal changes it is required to configure network credential again (MP2-Client GUI: Settings->Server Settings->Network credentials).

New features:
    1. NFO metadata extractor added, currently supports Movies (Series will be added in next release)
    2. New skins which are still under development: ApolloOne (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/apollo-one.121706/) and BlueVision² (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-skin-bluevision.129477/)
    3. Improvements to inbuilt plugins to better support new skins (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/making-inbuilt-plugins-skin-resolution-aware.130193/)
    4. New automatical video post processing for SD (automatical selection of video effects) (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-plugin-videoeffectchanger.130186/)
    5. NativeTV plugins now support immediate import of recordings into the MP2 MediaLibrary. This means as soon as a recording starts, you will find it in the "Recordings" list

Last edited:

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since I haven't heard any bad things about the latest weekly I will merge it into my MIA rework branch in the next few days.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    When is used the NFO metadata extractor? I have generated NFO file with tinyMediaManager and modified the plot inside the NFO file, so that I could see if MP2 takes the data from the file or scrape its online. I would expect that when a NFO is available, MP2 takes the metadata from the file and not scrapes it.

EDIT: the info was scraped online and not taken from NFO

BTW:
    Would it be possible that MP2 “knows” that a new movie, series or music album was added and it should update the MediaLibrary? Currently it is necessary to run manually the import (I know, you can set a scheduler to run the import automatically, but this is also not convenient). I think the best way would be, if the configured media sources were being also “watched directories”, every time something in the directories (media sources) has changed (i.e. a file was added) the import should be triggered and update the ML with the new file. The update should also apply only to the new file, not in a way like TV-Series for MP1 is doing it currently. In MP1 the whole directory is being scanned, I can see that on my NAS during an import, TV-Series is going over every file in the directory… this should be avoided ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    EDIT: the info was scraped online and not taken from NFO
    Can not really confirm this. At least the movies I have without data on TMDB (the only online source for MP2) are getting the metadata from the .nfo. for sure. The rest of my .nfo files have identical data to TMDB...
    So it could be a matter of priority, but I'm not sure about this. Think this is something for @MJGraf

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    At least the movies I have without data on TMDB (the only online source for MP2) are getting the metadata from the .nfo. for sure.
    No doubt on this, but what if the metadata can be online scraped (it is on TMDB available) and in the NFO? Which one is taken?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    a new movie, series or music album was added and it should update the MediaLibrary?
    There are plans for this but they are on halt until the MIA rework is finished.

Which one is taken?
    Both are taken, but I can not tell which data is preferred if they are not identical.- To try you can cut your internet connection during an import (for testing).

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    There are plans for this but they are on halt until the MIA rework is finished.
    It seems like everything currently depends on the MIA rework:D I'm really looking forward to see a first snapshot with the new MIA :)
    Both are taken, but I can not tell which data is preferred if they are not identical.- To try you can cut your internet connection during an import (for testing).
    This was my question ;) I'm guessing that the priority is currently hard-coded, it would be nice, if it could be also changed by a user.
    Cutting internet connection is for me a very unrealistic use case ;) Instead, I simply modified the plot in the NFO and didn't saw the modified text in MP2.
    I have to add, that all my movies includes imdb-id in their file names, so MP2 definitely has hit a match:D

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    The issue is that we currently don't have a real priority for MDEs. What is now called 'priority' is in reality more a 'order of execution'. The NfoMDE runs - based on its 'priority' - before the movie or SeriesMDE so that the latter ones just overwrite the value from the NfoMDE.
    A real priority system is already on my todo list (as well as automatically importing added files, but this may take a bit longer).

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    The NfoMDE runs - based on its 'priority' - before the movie or SeriesMDE so that the latter ones just overwrite the value from the NfoMDE.

OK, this is a bit unfortunate. From a user perspective, I would expect that, if a NFO is available, MP2 takes all the data from the NFO and don’t scrapes anything online, especially not overrides the NFO data. It’s not only about the text data, when I generate NFO files, I also save all media files (fanart, poster, banner etc.) locally in the movie directory (which I chose by myself and not randomly by a scraper). Currently these files are ignored by MP2, when the movieMDE hits a match, which occurs in the majority of use cases…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom