MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-04-03) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So definitely the locally available fanart is used only.
    Thats really interesting now. I just tested it with switched off NAS and all posters and fanart are showing up with BlueVision :)
    This is also how it should work, because I changed the code back into this direction. currently ApolloOne and BlueVision have a different code from the discussion with @MJGraf in the past (Can not remember which thread).
    At first I changed the code for BlueVision and ApolloOne in the direction, that local fanArt is used {Binding SimpleTitle} --> {Binding MediaItem.MediaItemId}
    This works also well, but then nothing is showing up, when the NAS is off. If so done, there need to be another Fallback Source pointing to the online scrapped fanart.

So for BlueVision I changed it back to {Binding SimpleTitle} .
    @Lehmden, can you post your mediastyles.xaml? I'm really curious, why you see another behaviour than me :confused:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi @Lehmden,
    I think we misunderstood each other :)
    I’m not talking about what fanart (poster, thumbs etc.) MP2 is showing AFTER the import. I mean from where takes MP2 these pictures (online or locally) DURING the import. Of course you don’t see any posters after you turn off your NAS (I suppose your NAS is a windows PC with MP2 Server?), MP2 can’t access the thumb directory on the MP2 server because your NAS is offline.

You can test it as follows:
    - Make a fresh MP2 install on a test PC (you can also do it like @breese done it, but I suppose you don’t want to drop your currently DB on the HTPC),
    - Copy to a test directory a movie (pick one that have a match on the TMDB) with NFO and other media files generated i.e. with tinyMedia,
    - Add this directory in MP2 as a media source and perform an import
    - Check if MP2 is showing the poster that your locally saved or if it has scraped online the poster.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Of course you don’t see any posters after you turn off your NAS (I suppose your NAS is a windows PC with MP2 Server?)
    I think thats the difference between Lehmden and me. My MP2 server is not on my NAS, but only all mediaitems! :)

But any how {Binding MediaItem.MediaItemId} only works if the local file is accessable. If not, nothing is shown, even though a online scrapped fanart is existing.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I think thats the difference between Lehmden and me. My MP2 server is not on my NAS, but only all mediaitems! :)
    Yes. I also have on my NAS only media files (it’s a custom slackware machine, so definitely not possible to install an MP2 server;) ). But if I remember correctly @Lehmden is using multiple windows PCs as network storage.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    (I suppose your NAS is a windows PC with MP2 Server?)
    No. My (selfmade) NAS, a Celeron 847 based system is a Linux system with OpenMediaVault running. The MP2 Server is installed and running on the main HTPC (Win7, based on a Haswell i5). On my environment MP2 even did not start to download fanart for movies from Internet if local fanart is available during first import. On series there is fanart downloaded but the .nfo support for series is not finished right now...

Due to storage capacity issues I have my series (about 20 TB) on HDD attached to my main HTPC so I don't need to run 2 PC at the same time when I'm watching series, the main thing I do with HTPC. The HTPC is going into standby (S4) if not needed. My movies (about 15 TB) are stored on the NAS. So the NAS did not need to run that often as I only watch 2 or 3 movies a week (if I don't have guests). So most of the time the NAS is shut down (it can be waked from S5 by WOL :) ) Aside this I'm using a Mini NAS based on a Banana Pi board running 24/7 (with OpenMediaVault) to store my music and to act as a download station with jdownloader2 plugin as I want to play music via DLNA without the need to run a full blown PC...

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    On my environment MP2 even did not start to download fanart for movies from Internet if local fanart is available during first import.
    Here is a proof that MP2 is nevertheless downloading fanart and poster:
    - First screenshot is showing the content of the movie directory. As you can see these two images are from a different movie (Argo and not from Life Of Pi),
    - In the second screenshot you can see what fanart and poster MP2 displays. It is a poster from Life Of Pi, none pictures of that movie are in the Life Of Pi directory.

(it can be waked from S5 by WOL :) )
    I would like to see how you wake the NAS from S5 ;) I'm sure you mean S3 :)

Attachments

• thumbs.JPG
      thumbs.JPG
      19.2 KB
    • BlueVision.png
      BlueVision.png
      2.2 MB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another topic:
    since my HTPC was switched to Win8.1 I had issues with MP2-Client getting focus/"top window" on startup. The problem did not appear on my DevPC, also Win8.1

I made modifications to Activate/Focus procedure and it's working now. Change is commited to dev. I'm in mid of a merge process of the branches contained in Weekly. Some are done, some are pending.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    No. I mean S5. It is a a matter of BIOS/UEFI settings, not possible with every mainboard but my NAS can be powered on by PCI devices like the nic.
    OK, didn't know that, sorry :)
    Since I haven't heard any bad things about the latest weekly I will merge it into my MIA rework branch in the next few days.
    Merge done, installed for testing on my "production" system
    Can you tell me the name of your branch? I would like to test the MIA rework, unless it's not a public branch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom