MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-05-29) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be clear: the "remote filtering" uses the keys: 0..9, (, *, #, §, Escape

They can be invoked by remote control keys or also to keys on your keyboard (i.e. on numblock).

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    May be for normal/full Keyboard some modifiers could be used to Switch from "jump to" to "filter" mode.
    Like Ctrl+Shift+Letter is for Filter?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    also to keys on your keyboard (i.e. on numblock).
    Did not think of this before but it's logical. Again learned something.;)

could be used to Switch from "jump to" to "filter" mode.
    I also think the "0" is not the best choice for remote too. It only switches when the 0 is the first key you're pressing, but there can be entries like "007 - Skyfall" or similar. Aside this 0 is used for Space on SMS style. A button with ( and $ I don't have on my remote (as far as I know) and the # can be used in names too (e.G. in nearly every German episodes title from CSI: Cyber like S1E3 "#Mord #Bestellung"). So best would be to use * for the switch, imho. I'm not pretty sure but wildcards are not useful in this area, so the * would be used most seldom, I think.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think default behavior "with auto-correct" makes more sense,
    I don't think so. Auto-correction makes no sense when it comes to a single letter as in "Jump to" mode and it's not necessary in "Contains" mode but only leads to lots of wrong filtering that never happen without. Aside this you need a dictionary for every supported language for this to work... And if you see the enormous amount of supported languages you can imagine this isn't really possible at all...

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the explanation.

How about additional selectable presets like in Moving Pictures: A-Z, last added movies (and series episodes)?

Cheers

Blue Max

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is available already... "Sort by Title"
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

last added movies (and series episodes)?
    This you can find in "Home" but it probably can be added as "Sort by Date added" too... The list of sort options is so long already, another entry did not "hurt" at all, I think.

Personally I'm desperately missing "Sort by Sorttitle", but that can not be achieved before the MIA Rework is done, I fear...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    UPnP is an essential part of client, server and the communication between both. So you can't disable it, clients would never be able to use the server.
    Maybe you could configure the firewall to block request by the IP of the device?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is available already... "Sort by Title"
    last added movies (and series episodes)?
    This you can find in "Home" but it probably can be added as "Sort by Date added" too... The list of sort options is so long already, another entry did not "hurt" at all, I think.

Personally I'm desperately missing "Sort by Sorttitle", but that can not be achieved before the MIA Rework is done, I fear...

Sure, 'Sort by Title' is there but in Moving Pictures you can sort all movies starting with 'A' in one folder, starting with 'B', in one folder ... etc. That is something we use most of the time because it is very conventient for 500+ movies.

Cheers

Blue Max

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Filtering by the first letter is not yet available, but can be easily added. @osre we started already to discuss about filter, sort and group. Perhaps this is also something we could add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom