MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-05-29) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new remote filtering also supports "start with", you can switch between them by the * (or #) (not sure right now).

The media library also does an auto grouping the requsted way if the amout of items is to large.

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I think default behavior "with auto-correct" makes more sense,
    I don't think so. Auto-correction makes no sense when it comes to a single letter as in "Jump to" mode and it's not necessary in "Contains" mode but only leads to lots of wrong filtering that never happen without. Aside this you need a dictionary for every supported language for this to work... And if you see the enormous amount of supported languages you can imagine this isn't really possible at all...

agree to disagree ;)
    I guess it would be nice as setting, since it's obviously personal taste ;) And for the record, if a can change it, I don't really care, which one is default ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    since it's obviously personal taste
    No it's not a matter of taste. Did you read the part about the dictionary that is needed for auto correction? Aside this it is simply useless... When you write a SMS the AC tries to guess what you want to write and alters the letters to what it think is useful. This is indeed a matter of taste.
    But we don't write words, we are filtering lists, so what do you want to achieve? If you type 2 all entries containing 2, a,b and c will be listed. Here the correction obviously can not help at all. Next you press 3 and now there has to be a combination of 2abc at first and 3def at second position. So the list is much shorter already. What do you want from the correction now? Should it restrict the list to what?, Elements with "ad", "be" and "ce" in it as those are the most common ones? But how on earth would you ever go to something with "ac"? Ok add it to the "corrected" list too... Now both lists are nearly identical already. Aside that the list without correction is build faster a lot and the program without the correction is smaller a lot(due to all the 150++ dictionaries that has to be included in the package) And now you still need to have an option to reach something like "2d" or "c3" that you still can't with correction. So what? Add them to the corrected list too??? You see where this will end... As you don't write words but filter lists any kind of auto correction is completely useless. And this is not a matter of taste

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

It might be me, but I'm having issues when watching TV (haven't tried anything else yet).

It will work fine, but then the picture will freeze but the audio continues. The log file shows SharpDX errors (see attached). I tried rebooting, but it has done it 3 times now.

J.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    First of all you have two outdated plugins installed, that are definitely not included in this release... The CEC plugin and... the SlimTv.MPExtendedProvider plugin. The later one is most likely the reason for your TV issues as you now have two TV providers fighting for one client as the "regular" SlimTv.NativeProvider also is (and has to be) present.

Please remove those two plugins from you client's plugin folder... Then start testing again.

Later you can search for the compatible version of the CEC plugin in our repository. The MPExtended provider you don't need at all.

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    I think there is a problem with Slim TV - TV 3.5 Native Provider and the latest snapshot.
    the server crashes when I use TV 3.5
    can anyone confirm this.
    attached you will find the logs

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think there is a problem with Slim TV - TV 3.5 Native Provider and the latest snapshot.
    TV 3.5 is experimental and not part of any release.

While we are all looking forward to seeing TVE 3.5 being officially launched for testing, we are not supporting custom-built MP2 setups.

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Yes, I know, I use TV 3.5 for several years because the Anysee TV cards are not supported in TV 3

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I know, I use TV 3.5 for several years because the Anysee TV cards are not supported in TV 3
    Then I suggest that you stick to a MP2 version, where your TVE 3.5 is functional.

What I find intriguing though is your comment "for several years". AFAIK there is no built version that one could download for test. That said @mm1352000 has recently pushed a lot of new code and has asked for active development support. He has somewhere opened a thread about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom