MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-05-29) (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think there is a problem with Slim TV - TV 3.5 Native Provider and the latest snapshot.
    Yes, Slim TV - TV 3.5 Native Provider is around two years old and no longer maintained nor compatible until there is a new release of TVE 3.5. So as @HTPCSourcer suggested I also would recommend to use an older version of MP2 until then if you have to use TVE 3.5. We will release a new version of this plugin as soon as we have TVE 3.5 ready for the next test release. As @mm1352000 has released lots of code lately I can imagine it won't take that long until we have a new working test- version of TVE 3.5...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I find intriguing though is your comment "for several years". AFAIK there is no built version that one could download for test. That said @mm1352000 has recently pushed a lot of new code and has asked for active development support. He has somewhere opened a thread about this.
    The versions before Summer'15 were partly with TVE3.5 TV engine only :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I think there is a problem with Slim TV - TV 3.5 Native Provider and the latest snapshot.
    the server crashes when I use TV 3.5
    can anyone confirm this.
    attached you will find the logs
    I think this issue is not related to the MP2 version, but to wrong entries inside TV settings table:
    [2016-06-06 07:28:06,258] [41671 ] [9 ] [ERROR] - applyProcessPriority: exception is at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
    at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVDatabase.TVBusinessLayer.Entities.Cache.EntityCacheHelper.get_SettingCache()
    at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVDatabase.TVBusinessLayer.SettingsManagement.GetSetting(String tagName, String defaultValue)
    at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVDatabase.TVBusinessLayer.SettingsManagement.GetValue(String tagName, Int32 defaultValue)
    at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.TvServiceThread.ApplyProcessPriority()

Two possible causes:
    • Duplicated entries in settings table (same key, maybe different casing)
    • "Null" as key name (this would also cause a ArgumentException for dictionary keys).
    So you should check the DB contents first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom