MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (1 Viewer)

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Only the red line is really shaking.

Bad looking red line is a result of 60 Hz display and 23.976 material played on it. Try 24 Hz mode and then play the same video.

So after ~ 2h DVD playback the sound is still sync.
    There seem to be no problems.

The 60Hz results in the MP autodetection -> refreshrate changer.
    For example are the intro video played with 59,xx fps so 60Hz should be correct.

So DVDs with that IVTC done are working ok? I'm still a bit confused why the drifting was happening with that .mkv and 29.97 info in the container itself. The drifting should have been much worse if the 23.976 vs 29.97 would have been the source.

The DVDs seem to be ok. I didn't watched to wohle time (not enough time), i only let it play and watched sometimes and there was all ok and sync.
    I used ffdshow video/audio decoders with ATI Hardware Deinterlancing and aktivated pulldown detection in the driver. Seems to work ;)

I have set in the mkv "24000/1001" and not "24" and it stays sync.

Was the file originally 29.97 or 24 instead of the 23.976 (24000/1001)?

The file is one episode from the dvd that i testet and from witch i posted the stat screens.

According to mediainfo from mpc the file has 29,97 fps.

I posted yesterday that seting the mkv to "24" makes it async.
    So I tried now "24000/1001" and "29/10001"

With "29/10001" the sound is totally async/corrupted.
    But "24000/1001" worked nice. I didn't notice at the end of the ~20min episode any async.

Many thx for your patience with me :)

I'm absolutly no expert concerning all these topics.

Is there now some error anywhere or anything to make it work "automatically" or have I to live with that issue?
    What would be the "best"/correct way to play these files?

If you need more samples, feel free to ask.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I tried that 29.97 (23.976) fps sample clip with 60Hz refresh rate. I wasn't able to see any A/V sync drifting at the end of the serie. Quite odd. I would have expected it to happen - EVR sees the 29.97 fps and calculated bias based on it (it is much less than 10%).

Do we have any other sample clips (non-anime where the A/V sync is much easier to spot)?

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Thats odd.
    I let it play once more ;)

The last hour I played a bit with ReClock in MP and TMT.
    Using ReClock and let ReClock handle refreshrate change of the display it switches first to 60Hz and then directly to 24Hz.
    ReClock detects "cinema" (23,9fps) mode.

I tried all that also with ReClock and TotalMedia Theatre playing the DVDs.
    There is the same. Some intros where played with 60Hz (59,9fps) and then it switches to cinema mode for the main show.

I checked it now twice and also on my normal pc with mpc.
    The englisch audio track stays in MP sync at least until ~4min.
    At ~4min the japanese track went noticeable out of sync.
    (Started video, switched audiotrack to japanese and stepped back to the beginning of the video.)

On my normal pc both tracks are sync.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

The last hour I played a bit with ReClock in MP and TMT.
    Using ReClock and let ReClock handle refreshrate change of the display it switches first to 60Hz and then directly to 24Hz.
    ReClock detects "cinema" (23,9fps) mode.

That's onet hing that is not possible with the refresh rate changer in MP1. It can only try to detect the refresh rate once at the beginning (by using MediaInfo.dll). MP2 will/should be able to change the refresh rate on the fly based on the EVR renderer's input.

If you know that you wont have real 29.97 content it would be possible to set MP's refresh rate config to use 23.976 for all the 29.97 content. But if you have both real 29.97 and 3:2 29.97 files then you are out of luck with the MP1 :(

(Started video, switched audiotrack to japanese and stepped back to the beginning of the video.)

What refresh rate the normal PC has? If not close enough to 29.97 multiplier the resampling is not done at all.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Zitat von Truri

My normal PC is set to 60Hz. I have tested it with media player classic.

That's onet hing that is not possible with the refresh rate changer in MP1. It can only try to detect the refresh rate once at the beginning (by using MediaInfo.dll). MP2 will/should be able to change the refresh rate on the fly based on the EVR renderer's input.

If you know that you wont have real 29.97 content it would be possible to set MP's refresh rate config to use 23.976 for all the 29.97 content. But if you have both real 29.97 and 3:2 29.97 files then you are out of luck with the MP1

Yes I thought so. Argh, why does that all have to be so complicated?! :D
    I think I will choose between using reclock or your suggestion setting the refreshrate.
    At the moment I'm not really sure what to do... ;)

henkvantol

Portal Member
    January 21, 2009
    Hi guys,

First of all I want to express my respect for all the work everyone is doing for MP and for this MP audiorenderer.

I am struggling with stutterfree video playback for some time now and am trying this MP audiorenderer to finally get it to work. I have followed the instructions from the first thread and after some trial and error got it to work....I think. The only problem is that the material with 24 (or 23.976) fps is not playing stutterfree. In fact I don't see any change between with or without the MP audiorenderer. I (so far) have no issues with audio sync. I only cannot get DTS sound.

Perhaps there is someone who can help me further solving this issues. For extra information I have included some log-files.

Thanks in advance.:D

With kind regards,

Henk

View attachment 73148

View attachment 73149

View attachment 73150

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi guys,

First of all I want to express my respect for all the work everyone is doing for MP and for this MP audiorenderer.

I am struggling with stutterfree video playback for some time now and am trying this MP audiorenderer to finally get it to work. I have followed the instructions from the first thread and after some trial and error got it to work....I think. The only problem is that the material with 24 (or 23.976) fps is not playing stutterfree. In fact I don't see any change between with or without the MP audiorenderer. I (so far) have no issues with audio sync. I only cannot get DTS sound.

Perhaps there is someone who can help me further solving this issues. For extra information I have included some log-files.

With kind regards,

Henk

View attachment 73148

View attachment 73149

View attachment 73150

henkvantol,

you need to put the directshowhelper.dll from the audio renderer zip file into your Mediaportal Directory (c:\program files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal - this may be different depending on your windows version). Resampling will not take place until it is present.

henkvantol

Portal Member
    January 21, 2009
    Hi guys,

With kind regards,

Henk

View attachment 73148

View attachment 73149

View attachment 73150

henkvantol,

you need to put the directshowhelper.dll from the audio renderer zip file into your Mediaportal Directory (c:\program files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal - this may be different depending on your windows version). Resampling will not take place until it is present.

Thanks davidf,

I had an older version of the dshowhelper.dll placed in the Mediaportal Directory, I replaced it and it now seems to work as a charm. :D:D

Now I only have to find out how to get DTS audio. Any ideas?

Henk

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Now I only have to find out how to get DTS audio. Any ideas?

Not possible even in theory, please see the first pos for more details (basicly passthru is not possible and there is no open source DTS encoding utils available for encoding the resampled audio).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom